Hangry and advice needed.

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/17 7:05 pm

Thank you Harpediem!

It is just so odd for me. I am a pretty happy go lucky person so this is odd and frustrating. I am happy and unhappy to see other have gone through this as well.

You are also right. I have see people' progress right here as well around my weight.

Thank you!

Penny

hollykim
on 11/12/17 2:55 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 12, 2017 at 3:05 AM Pacific Time, RoundPenny wrote:

Thank you Harpediem!

It is just so odd for me. I am a pretty happy go lucky person so this is odd and frustrating. I am happy and unhappy to see other have gone through this as well.

You are also right. I have see people' progress right here as well around my weight.

Thank you!

Penny

you may have been "happy go lucky" because you were medicating yourself with food, as so many of us who are/ have been morbidly obese/do/did.

Oncecwe sre unable to use food to make ourselves happy, all the things that caused us to need to medicate ourselves tear up and can cause problems.

If you find that happening, therapy often helps.

Mid you are hungry, drink all the broth and eat all the sugar free popsicles you can hold.

i was known to drink 5-6 cups of broth onecright behind the other, and eat an entire bowl of prepared from the package sf jello to combat the hunger.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 4:49 pm

I can understand your thought and maybe a small portion is but I do not think it is a majority. I am in a incredible phase of my life where I can afford to quit a job to go back to school, I have a amazing husband and daughter who are supportive in so many ways.

If you had said this to me 8 years ago I would Nov my head right off my neck in agreement.

I think I miss door but also in carb and caffeine withdrawal, with is giving me headaches.

The last days was just frustrating.

Today is great and so really need to go get some Popcicle makers like you said.

Thank you!

hollykim
on 11/12/17 5:43 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 13, 2017 at 12:49 AM Pacific Time, RoundPenny wrote:

I can understand your thought and maybe a small portion is but I do not think it is a majority. I am in a incredible phase of my life where I can afford to quit a job to go back to school, I have a amazing husband and daughter who are supportive in so many ways.

If you had said this to me 8 years ago I would Nov my head right off my neck in agreement.

I think I miss door but also in carb and caffeine withdrawal, with is giving me headaches.

The last days was just frustrating.

Today is great and so really need to go get some Popcicle makers like you said.

Thank you!

good to hear. Hang in there it gets better and is SO worth it,spoken nearly 8 years post op!

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 7:25 pm

Thank You so much! 8 yrs is a inspiration.

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/17 9:53 pm

I am not looking forward to this... so sorry hon... I know something that'll make you feel better it's called the bariatric calculator! Go there and plug in your stats! It will give you an idea the most the least and avg! You will be pleased. If you work it .. you will succeed!! ;)

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 1:33 am

Thank you! It is not horrible honest I think you just hit a few days of frustration and that is where I am but the first 4 days were easy.

I will go check out the calculator. It is a great Idea and yrs WE will succeed.

Penny

crqvingchange
on 11/12/17 5:53 am

Penny,do you think that Ontario would approve the surgery if people stopped losing at such a high weight? Your NUT is a nut.

You've got this girl. Your head is in the right place and you are going to work the program for all you're worth. You're doing it for your family, but mostly you are doing it for you. No pizza, or chips are going to deter you. When you are feeling weak, get out of the house and go for a walk, or go to the mall, or go buy a black decaf. Whatever strategy works for you, because you will still be using those strategies after surgery.

You are going to be amazed after surgery how your body will embrace losing weight. You will feel stronger, have more energy, want to move your body. All of this is a process and it won't happen overnight, or even in the first months, but it will happen.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/17 1:53 pm

Thank you so much! You have a point there. I suppose they would not support it if it was so little success but it is weird how they would try and talk me into thinking that.

Oh well. Today has been much easier so far and yes a walk sounds great... or I go clean something. My house has never been so clean..LOL

RosieBelly
on 11/12/17 4:18 pm

Seriously I think I am nesting like when I was about to give birth. I have purged the entire house!! This week is the kitchen's turn!

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

Most Active