I am sick of ailments - Now I have to undergo Immunosuppressive treatment

Wayne H.
on 11/3/17 1:08 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Thank you Tuktu.

Yes, Yes and Yes.

I'll learn more as we go. It was a kind of whirl wind appt yesterday after she realized the Anitbiotics I was on for 6 weeks were ineffective. As was the creme. If anything, everything flared up more. It will settle down again, it always does but it's been rough this time around.

Tuktu
on 11/3/17 1:11 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

Yeah I read antibiotics aren't very effective treating your skin condition. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this -that's rough - especially when it stands in the way of your weight loss and your health

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/17 6:47 pm

I cannot imagine how frustrating it is. I am glad there is a possible fix once it is all dried up. I have a friend who has a similar skin concern in the same areas and some times they have to stay home because discomfort.

I am hoping thing adjust in your favor soon we rather then later.

Penny

Wayne H.
on 11/4/17 6:08 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Hi Penny.

I have taken many days off over the years because of this. In fact I had to stay home this past Monday as well because the discomfort and pain was too much.

Sadly the only true relief I ever get is when these drain. Most times its on thier own but I have had to make several trips to the ER to have them drained over the years as well.

I can definetly relate to your friend.

crqvingchange
on 11/3/17 7:58 pm

Immune suppressing drugs come with a whole host of problems. 10 years ago, my friend died of E.B. virus because she was on immuno suppressors.

For exercise, have you tried swimming? I understand that this condition is associated with the sweat glands. There are many aquafit classes, and one might suit you. Do compression undergarments help with the skin not rubbing together? Penaten might also help in relieving the irritation.

Don't let this stop you from working out. You've done so well. Weight machines might also be a good way to work out, without causing irritation on your thighs.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Wayne H.
on 11/4/17 6:23 am
RNY on 02/08/17

You are the 2nd person to say that issues can arrise from the treatment. A coworker essentially told me the same regarding his own couson. He had a liver transplant and somewhere along the way the treatment he recieved to stop the organ rejection also gave him some form of cancer which he died from years later. I will definetly be asking questions about it now before they start this on me. Not to encouraged by it at this point.

Swimming is a good idea. I was saying to my wife last night that I was good all summer and had no flare ups at all and now suddenly things are flared up worse than ever. The only thing that changed is My neighbor closed her pool and camping season is over so you may be on to something here.

I have tried compression briefs and although they help in terms of keeping my inner thighs from rubbing a bit, the main issue is my immine system being overly aggressive fighting the infections apparently in my folicals. :-(

Creme is more or less the same, it may treat the outter skin surface and also helps to reduce some friction but the problem again in Immune based. I have Penaten on my dresser..does not help. I have two prescribed cremes, both don't help when things flare up.

this really sucks but once things settle down i will be back at the gym and start walking again. jist need to wait for it to settle down.

I woke up this am, looks like I had major drainage overnight. hopefully I will be good again in a day or two..then I get back to normal until the next flare up...which sadly will come again.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/17 10:25 am

Wayne... So glad you're seeing a dermatologist because it sounds painful and I'm really sorry.

One at a time thank you for that information considering I've had shingles twice I will need that;)

Wayne H.
on 11/4/17 11:51 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Thanks. My Mom had shingles, not fun at all.

I am feeling more relief today so hope to be up getting active again soon.

Manda32
on 11/8/17 12:12 pm

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this Wayne! I can only imagine your frustration.

I have no experience or knowledge of immune suppression therapy.

I hope this gets resolved quickly so you can get back to enjoying your new life.

Try and keep positive!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Wayne H.
on 11/9/17 5:32 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Thanks. I continue to suffer a lot of discomfort.

I have done all the bloodwork and ECGs requested of me. Next up is the two Vaccine shots (tomorrow) to start boosting my system.

Most Active