What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

crqvingchange
on 11/1/17 3:13 am

Good morning everyone. Last night we did not get a lot of Trick or Treaters, but the ones that did come were so cute. I managed to stay away from the Halloween goodies.

This morning I'm going swimming and then yoga. Might do a Zumba class tonight.

Yesterday was horrible in terms of planning my menu, but today back on the horse.

3 years post-op

B. Protein coffee

B2. Scrambled eggs with 2 strips bacon crumbled, peppers and fresh salsa

L. Homemade smoked chicken salad (chipotle mayo, celery, diced jalapeno pepper), side salad with spinach, cucumber, peppers, Skinny girl poppyseed dressing

D. Chicken chili with GG cauliflower rice.

S. Another protein coffee

Totals: 1013, carbs 49, fat 40, prot 120

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/1/17 5:27 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Yesterday was fun. We had a nice office lunch. I ate the chicken out of the sandwich and saved the salad for my snack. I did have some chocolate last night. It is my weakness. I followed it up with a protein shake to balance out the carbs ;) We didn't get a lot of kids but thankfully DH gave the last three all of the candy, so no tempting leftovers.

Only two more days of work this week. We are taking Friday off. I can't wait to sleep in and have our little birthday holiday. We are going to a nice restaurant for lunch. We got a gift card like two Christmases ago and just could never make it work, and the dinner menu is too expensive.

Post-op two years, seven months.

Breakfast - oatmeal

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - chicken

Snack - turkey keilbasa

Snack - pepperoni, cheese

Dinner - beef stew

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 11/1/17 12:13 pm

Good for you for staying away from the Halloween candy.

Meg, I think many restaurants have the same items on the lunch and dinner menu, but charge more for the same item at dinner.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 11/1/17 5:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone! Made it to the gym this morning, back into my routine! My Trucker is off today (GRRR not fair) and he tried to be funny this morning.....don't talk to me in the morning, we aren't usually around at the same time in the morning which works for me.

Eats for today Post Op RNY 18+ mos

B - 2 eggs scrambled, 1 cheese slice, 2 strips of bacon (will eat the bacon first in case its too much egg, I just find one egg doesn't cook that well in the microwave, so I use two)

S - greek yogurt and blueberries

L - taco salad

S - deli turkey, mustard, old cheddar slice

D - chicken breast (oven cooked)

Total Cal 925, Carbs 33, Protein 102

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 11/1/17 12:16 pm

I'm finding that when I do scrambled I need 2 eggs, but if I do poached just 1.

Your Trucker should know better than to be so chipper in the morning while you have to go to work. He should have gone to the gym with you, lol.

birdiegirl
on 11/1/17 9:40 am

RNY 8 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Glad to see that you CC and you Ginnny are still supporting this thread. I found it invaluable for 8 years to keep me on the straight and narrow. Also to get new ideas for food and combinations.

Chores on the agenda today and hopefully opening a new book. Out for dinner with a friend tonight to lend her an ear.

EATS

B - 3/4 cup of eggbeaters

L - leftover beef tenderloin and baked potato with butter

D - 6 oz of baked salmon with half a cup of veggies. ( I have turnip in my totals as MFP was giving me grief trying to enter something new)

S - Noosa blueberry yogurt - 4 oz

Enlightened ice cream sandwich

Pumpkin spice creamer

MYFITNESSPAL Totals for the above menu are: Calories - 1,014, Carbs - 81 Grams, Protein - 84 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one

crqvingchange
on 11/1/17 12:21 pm

This thread was invaluable to me and still is. One of the biggest things was seeing the struggles of people further out. That let me know what to expect and not to panic.

Oh Birdie, you've got me drooling. I had the Enlightened Cold Brew Frozen Yogurt Bars (salted caramel was pretty good too) and I was so impressed. I think they were 90 calories and tasted divine. I liked the Noosa, I got it at Earth Fare, but a little high in carbs.

Linda M.
on 11/1/17 10:06 am - Orillia, Canada

Good afternoon all,

I also stayed away from the candy and bought fish crackers for the little ones instead. I'm going to give these to my grandson for his lunches, give away what we have, and my daughter brought her leftovers into my work for customers - which I said I would not do. I'm still staying away from it though and it's something I have to get used to.

I felt really shaky and lightheaded last night - even while laying down. I'm good this morning. I had 1.5 scrambled eggs for dinner when I got home with 1 oz. of goat cheese. I had all of my water and I'm still on black decaf. or herbal tea. Maybe just a blip.

B - protein shake and black decaf.

L - 2 slices of lean turkey wrapped around 1 oz. of brick cheese

S - 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese

D - Ground chicken chili with hot sauce

S - Skyr and the last of the fresh strawberries

Calories: 780. Protein: 93 gr. Carbs: 44 gr. All water and vitamins.

Enjoy your day. Going to see my grandson skate, shopping, then walk with my daughter (if not raining). Tired today, so early bed also sounds good.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

crqvingchange
on 11/1/17 12:23 pm

Linda do you test your blood sugar?

Linda M.
on 11/1/17 12:29 pm - Orillia, Canada

No I don't. I was pre-diabetic before surgery, and my blood sugar levels are now in the normal range. I thought it may have been lower blood pressure, but all is good now. Thanks C.C.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active