What are you eating/doing today (Monday)?

Manda32
on 10/18/17 10:20 am

Thanks Linda,

I believed I have tried it that way before and it didn't work, but when the opportunity arrises again for a double post I will try again.

Dad's cookie are my one of my mom's weakness too lol She's a cookie, tea drinker too. Once in awhile is fine, its okay to treat yourself once in awhile. My weakness is oatmeal chocolate chip cookies direct from the grocery bakery, only had them once, but yummy nonetheless!

Are you referring to the all meat challenge? I've seen people doing it, you obviously like it? Let me know how you do weight loss wise. Is this challenge suppose to speed up weight loss?

Sounds like your doing well! Almost 90 lbs gone WOW!!!! That's great Linda!

I know what you mean by the comments, can be nice and embarassing too. I think part of it, is I'm just not use to have compliments about how good I'm looking (aside from hubby). Even my neighbours in my building are commenting alot. It's nice to hear, but sometimes it gets too much. I'm not used to it, and its also weird when people keep asking me you've lost weight, and I'm like yup...haven't been able to say that for 7 plus months in my life ever lol They mean well though.

Are you close to your 175 goal? Either way your doing awesome whether or not your reach it on that day.

I was/am hoping to be knocking on onederland by the end of the year, secretly I was hoping to be under 200 by the end of the year. Not sure if it will happen, christmas/new years festivities might put a slight damper into that, but will see. Depends how my weight loss continue to go. I'm expecting a bit of a slow down, so not expecting 10lbs plus losses each month anymore...if it happens great, but not expecting it. Regardless, I'm trying not to pressure myself too much, I'm okay if onderland doesn't happen til after New Years.

The good news, is when I saw the dietitian at the end of August for my six months post op visit she said average people lose 15 to 20 on the high end in the following months 7-12, and I was not liking that lol

I've almost lost 20 lbs since that day, so glad I'm not 'average' lol Although, I wonder at six months post op how close some people might be to goal...usually takes a while to lose the last bit as you get closer. Granted, I was closer to needing 200 lbs loss in total, and some people are looking for 100 lbs so it gets me thinking that the average person at six months is closer to goal, than I am. Not going to lie, I would be very disappointed to lose only 20 lbs in the last six months of my first year after surgery. But I still got 60-70 lbs to go, so I'm just dismissing what the dietitian said to me lol I'm trucking on!

Okay I've written a novel here. Thanks for the info, hopefully it will work next time I need to do a double post.

Keep up the great work Linda!

Ttyl, Amanda

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Linda M.
on 10/18/17 10:53 am - Orillia, Canada

I think under 200 by the end of the year is VERY doable. 127, to date, is extremely impressive. As of today, I was 179.8 - I did a little naked dance - lol. I'm like you, it's great to have goals, but I'm not upset if I don't achieve them according to my "hopeful schedule". I look at many signatures and see that some members are still losing 8 to 10 lbs. per month past their 6 month date, so it is more than possible for both of us. Since surgery, I am down 73 lbs., which averages close to 11 lbs. a month. I know it slows down, but it's good to press on.

As to the challenge, it is supposed to mix things up a bit and many do lose more than they would normally lose during the two week period. I'm eating many of the foods I normally eat, but am staying away from fruits, vegetables and other carbs. I get some from my protein shake, yoghurt, some condiments - but am averaging over 90 gr. of protein a day and about 25 grams of carbs. I don't find it any more restricting, but have found that the sugar free syrup is a good substitute for my usual berries in my Skyr. All is good and we'll see how I do.

My first goal was 199, then 175, then 158 - 110 lbs. from my heaviest. As funny as it sounds I weighed 157.5 on my wedding day so the 110 mark will be really cool and I will also be at the "normal" range of the BMI chart. For my height, losing 100% of my excess weight, I should be 142. Truth be told, I want to keep realistic and work with my GP on the magic numbers. I feel great now, am in a size 10/12 pant and wearing a size medium. I am thankful for my achievement so far and will keep working the program letting my body figure out where I should be. Like you, I hope to be close to the 158 by year's end and, like you, I won't be disappointed either way and remain thankful.

I think of you often and wish you continued success.

End of novel, as well.

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active