Should I gain weight in order to get ohip surgery?

Onelakajin
on 10/16/17 10:02 am, edited 10/16/17 3:05 am

Ok... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Yes I know I yelled at you! If I could only weigh 180 lbs I would be so happy that I would shout so loud you could hear me on the moon. You need to get a hold of yourself right now and get a handle on what you eat and try walking. I'm not saying exercise till your legs falls off or you break your back but just walking would be good. You CAN DO THIS. YOU CAN BE THAT SIZE THAT I ONLY DREAM OF WITHOUT SURGERY. YES YOU CAN. I can see you are a beautiful person. Don't throw that away. Don't ever cut yourself short. You really can do this. Write me. I will be your friend. Send me a private message. I will help you to stick to your diet. Ok or be your support team. I will because I would give anything to be your size. Remember... you do have a friend out here.

Onelakajin.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/16/17 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Wow. How would you like it if I were to yell at YOU, Onelakajin, and tell you that YOU should lose weight without surgery because other people have done it just fine?

Every person's health and journey is different.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Onelakajin
on 10/17/17 6:51 am

oh my dear I wasn't yelling at you and telling you to loose weight without surgery! You had said that you lost diwn to 180, and I MERLY was telling you that WHAT I WOULD GIVE IF I ONLY WEIGHED 180 ! I certainly would not be wanting to gain a more weight just so I could have the weight loss surgery because your health is soooo much more important than that! And not to mention that even if you took that chance how are you going to guarentee yourself of being approved as you stated? I was only trying to get you to see the big picture here. If you only weigh 180 then you really do not need surgery to loose weight in my opinion. Surgery is for people that are OVER A HUNDRED POUNDS OF WEIGHT OVER THEIR NORMAL WEIGHT SIZE. It is not for people that need to loose twenty pounds. I bet you are really a beautiful size! If I were to meet you I know I would say to myself " gosh I wish I were her size" do not risk your health just to loose a few pounds. And then there is that health problem that you need to qualify! Boy. What if I could just give you one of mine? What if I could just hand you my 3rd stage kidney failure disease? Or maybe my sleep apena? Or maybe my high blood pressure THAT CAUSED THE KIDNEY DISEASE TO BEGIN WITH! Or what about my knees, or hips or what about my nerves and anxity, or would you prefer my high cholesterol and I cannot take the medicine? And I am a 2 time cancer survivor !! Which one would you want? I can tell you YOU DONT WANT ANY ONE OF THEM! It is not fun. It sure doesn't get you friends or people wanting to rush over and help you! That's what it doesn't do. So please.... if it is just a few pounds you need to loose.... I will try my best to help you do it. Just don't hurt yourself to have surgery. Ok. And you may or may not be approved. I know I can honestly tell you if they saw your original post.... they would never. Consider you for weight loss surgery. I can tell you that. So.... what do you want to do now? Do you want to get on a plan that would let you loose that few pounds? I'm here for you. If you will send me a private message in messenger I will send you my phone number and we can talk. I will try my very best to help you. And I bet you can do it too.

Thank you for writing me back.

on 10/17/17 7:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I am not the original poster.

_Karen
on 10/16/17 12:00 pm - Clearwater, FL
Amy R.
on 10/16/17 2:21 pm
On October 16, 2017 at 7:00 PM Pacific Time, _Karen wrote:

I did do this, gained the weight to be approved and it worked. I was 35 bmi but had no underlying medical problems so the insurance would not pay it. I went to 40 bmi and they approved it. You gotta do what you gotta do. Each individual has a unique issue and I feel that this decision was no ones business but my own. Glad I did it!!!

Good luck whatever you decide

While this post doesn't surprise me I admit I had to read it twice.

Onelakajin
on 10/17/17 7:00 am

Karen I am so glad you did well. it could have been a much different story. I'm glad you did not have any health problems. That right there is a blessing. Good luck to your continued success. We each have to just do what is best for us as individuals and at the end of the day we are the only one responsible for us.

Good luck and congrats to your new life!

Onelakajin

_Karen
on 10/18/17 12:47 am - Clearwater, FL
on 10/16/17 12:38 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Ethics of this issue aside, do you have a surefire way to give yourself diabetes or sleep apnea?

Lucile777
on 10/16/17 6:37 pm

Sure. If you want loose skin and stretch marks, go for it.

Most Active