Currently in hospital - any questions?

Lucile777
on 10/12/17 9:41 pm

I'm at Humber in 2 weeks with dr. Huynh. How was the care you received? Sorry to ask but did you get a private room lol? I really want one! Do they perform surgeries right on time? And why do they need us there 2 hours before? I'm wishing you a quick and safe recovery!

Caff
on 10/13/17 9:55 am, edited 10/13/17 2:57 am

The care I received was good except for one nurse, who discharged me. I'm going to post about it soon but I couldn't keep my pain meds down and they sent me home with basically no viable pain meds.

Otherwise it's a very nice hospital. I had a private room and just about every room I passed on my walks were single occupants.

You do need to be there two hours early, and that time will be filled with questions, vitals, gowning, consultations with reaidents, anesthesiologist and your surgeon. They put you in a bed with a TV. The nurse gave me some dilaudid to calm me down.

My surgery was exactly on time. The nurse actually made a remark about it so I don't know whether that's typical.

They're very thorough, you'll be in good hands :).

Referral - 05/16, Orientation @ HRH - 19/08/16, Surgeon - 06/04/17, NUT/SW/RN - 26/6/17 VSG - 11/10/17 Pre-Op - 27 lbs M1: 22 lbs M2: 14 lbs M3: 11 lbs M4: 13 lbs M5: 9 lbs M6: 9 lbs M7: 7 lbs

Lucile777
on 10/13/17 2:44 pm

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm sorry to hear about your pain meds. What was the comment the nurse made about the surgery time? Looking forward to hearing about this nurse. Who determined when you would be discharged?

Most Active