How Linda's post personally impacted me

rce884
on 10/10/17 9:36 am
RNY on 09/05/17

True Travelher, i assumed her statistics were off. but it is hard to point that out to others as most people assume that once you are a doctor you know EVERYTHING about medicine. i knew it couldnt be as otherwise why would they perform the surgery?

just seems reasonable to me.

but thanks for the back up. it feels good to know the real stats and not the facts she figures on. who knows maybe it is the lap band she is thinking of

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Murt65
on 10/6/17 5:40 pm

WOW!!! I have read all the posts from Linda's original post and all I can really say is WOW!

First Linda- Your post was heartfelt and moving. It made me stop and take inventory of my own thoughts and feelings about the comfort I have lived with by not making changes before this journey began. I could relate in a way I had never really thought about before and it reinforced for me the decision I have made to move forward with this surgery. I thank you for that. Then when I read all the truly raw and personal comments it challenged me to feel more and dig deeper into my own experience and motivation. Again, thank you and everyone who showed that vulnerable side for the rest of us to see and feel. The encouragement and insight from everyone on this website is the strength holding up each of us as we continue on this journey!

Secondly Oneatatime - I also have a sister who is a dietician and she was the first person I talked to after my husband. Her response to me was "this is a great idea and what can I do to help you". It gave me the confidence to keep going. I can only hope the rest of my family will be as open minded when I decide to tell them.

St. Joes Hamilton - Referral June 16, Orientation Aug 16, Group Dietitian May 5, Nurse May 15, Social Worker Aug 15, 1:1 Dietitian Aug 15, Medical Internist Sept 18. Meet Surgeon Nov. 2/17 Preop Feb 12/18 Surgery Feb 16/18

oneatatime
on 10/6/17 6:04 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Awesome Murt. Great post!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active