What are you eating/doing Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 10/3/17 5:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning gang! Been to the gym already and will get out for my walk at lunch today. Nothing much going on this week so its pretty quiet and boring. Been thinking about doing some evening classes at the gym but my Trucker already thinks that I don't need to go everyday so if I start going twice a day he'll have a stroke! LOL

Post Op RNY 17+ mos

B - 3 strips of bacon with 2 ****tail tomatoes, 1tbsp mediteranean greek dressing

S - 1/2 honeycrisp apple, Premier Protein

L - taco salad

S - 2 oz blueberries, oikos vanilla yogurt

D - 5 Costco seasoned chicken wings

Total Cal 1112, Carbs 78, Protein 94

Have a good day!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

leeann73
on 10/3/17 7:16 am

Hello everyone

I have been struggling to treat myself right. Crazy work schedule - falling into the old habits of little sleep, not planning meals, eating on the run and not keeping track. Every day I have to recommit. Scale has been up and down. I am down 87.3 pounds in total, but from the beginning of August, only down 10 pounds due to "rollercoaster" of the scale. I am just over 7 months post op so I am worried that I am wasting the honeymoon period - it will only get harder from here so I really need to recommit to ME

here is my food for the day:

breakfast: protein shake (1/2 in coffee, and 1/2 on its own with pumpkin spice)

snack #1: 2 turkey pepperettes

snack #2: baby belle cheese round

lunch: ground turkey, tomato and spinach casserole (made it up)

snack: 1/2 tuna pak (from costsco, just half of the tuna - gave the other half to my cat this morning - LOL); greek yogurt with strawberries

dinner: chicken burger, sun dried tomato and goat cheese

I have a problem with night snacking - crackers in particular ... so today's goal is no snacking after dinner. Have a great day everyone

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Monica9811
on 10/3/17 7:48 am - Peterborough, Canada

I find if I have the junk in the house you are more tempted to eat it. Don't buy the crackers (half of them taste like chips these days so even more tempting) Grab a pepperette or something protein healthy like a ham and cheese roll up. Will satisfy you longer. Thankfully I am not a night time eater but I want to snack when I get home from work before dinner as I only eat 3 meals a day generally.

Making yourself a priority is key. You don't want to let the honeymoon phase go by with slow weightloss if you can help it.

Good luck

Meggles07
on 10/3/17 7:50 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Ginny that honeycrisp apple on your menu sounds delicious. Those are my favourite apples -- I had one last week that I split over two days. I rarely buy fruit because I don't eat it fast enough and it tends to go bad on me before I think about it.

Today was chilly this morning. I do not know how to dress for work in this weather. I wore my winter coat yesterday but then I baked walking to my car in the afternoon. Today I wore two sweaters. DH is funny. We were at the mall on the weekend and I bought a new outfit while he was getting a haircut. This is very rare for me as I usually just buy what I need at VV. I was like, "don't get mad but I just spent a bunch on clothing..." He shrugged and said, "don't you need stuff like that for work anyways?" Whaaaat? No complaints about me buying more clothing?? lol.

Post-op two years, six months

Breakfast - Greek yogurt

Snack - almond

Lunch - pork chop

Snack - egg, cheese

Dinner - probably leftovers

Snack - protein shake

All water and vits.

Ginnny
on 10/3/17 8:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

My favorite also!! And you have to split it in half because they are always so damn big. I've never come across a small honey crisp. It was yummy and used a little lemon juice on the cut half so hopefully it doesn't brown on me. The half I had for snack this morning still looked good, but I just cut it before heading to the gym.

Nice to get new clothes. I need to get some items but I HATE shopping so.....

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Linda M.
on 10/3/17 11:04 am - Orillia, Canada

Ditto on the Honeycrisp. I haven't had an apple since surgery, so maybe trying a few peeled slices won't bother me.

B - Premier protein bar - 1/2

S - Other half

L - 6 Mary's crackers with 3 tbsp. of hummus

S - Protein shake (wasn't cold this morning - lol)

D - 3/4 cup homemade chili

Calories: 770, Protein: 74, Carbs: 57. All water and vitamins.

* Still a struggle for me to Leeann - balancing work and home life while meal planning. I can do better as well and I'm forever striving.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active