Eating Out - Restaurant Rant!

SweetRide1
on 9/30/17 6:11 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

I always go on-line to check out menus before I eat out. I usually decide what I'm going to have before I even get to the restaurant. They way I can balance my day and don't end up sliding down a slippery slope.

Tonight was East Side Mario's. Not my first pick by any stretch of the imagination but I went online and checked it out and had decided on a steak and gorgonzola wrap with a side salad. I'm good.

So we get to the restaurant and I'm perusing the menu. No steak and gorgonzola wrap. Ooops no longer on the menu. Great! So I then choose the Ceasar Salad Wrap with with grilled chicken. The reason I chose this was because the menu says that they have Light Renees dressing. Good Work. I'll have that.

Apparently they don't have the light ceasar dressing anymore. I ended up with the Ceasar Wrap with no Ceasar dressing just dry.

I've also noticed that restaurants don't seem to be carrying light dressings as much as they used to. I've actually taken to bringing my own because I never seem to be able to get what I need.

And one last note...it is absolutely frightening to see the calorie counts on restaurant meals. OMG I can't believe how high they are.

No wonder we struggle with our weight.

Ok, I'm done.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

oneatatime
on 9/30/17 6:17 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Oh that is frustrating. I often go online as well to preselect my meal choice. If they didn't have it, I would not be happy.

Consider emailing customer service... not to complain as much as to correct this for future patrons.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/17 7:48 am

Totally agree Sweetride...

Every restaurant ... is like 700 calories plus...I mean even steak & salad:(

I am struggling ... because forget food funerals for me it's portions...it's like ... I have to say goodbye to even normal portions.. my metabolism is sooo slow. I have to eat half of a normal person and 1/3 of a restaurant portion. I only go out on a very special occasion.

I watch these programs about obese people eating pounds of bacon and like 3 burgers and fries... uh noooo.. never... I had what my skinny friends had... but as I lost all my mobility I couldn't even have that... poundage poured on.

Kathy1212
on 10/1/17 7:53 am

Yeah, it's super frustrating. I used to love eating out and I've only been to a restaurant twice since this journey began...Swiss Chalet both times, as they serve tiny portions of chicken and carry a light salad dressing (or you can opt for the veg instead).

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/17 8:05 am

Yes!! I tried Red Lobster - a family favourite- I ate very little and still racked up 1,000 calories-- and only 1 bun - my weakness :(

smash150
on 10/1/17 9:06 am

Iv had a similar experience. I went online to check the menu as I usually do and decided on chicken with seasonal vegetables. When we got there at 8:30 they told me they were no longer serving the dinner menu as it was now the late night menu (nothing about that on the website). Everything on the late-night menu was deep fried. When we went to leave the waitress asked why I couldn't eat any of the late night selections. I told her I recently had surgery and have dietary restrictions. She said, "well just wait, I'll ask the cook". They ended up making the chicken and I was very grateful but it is frustrating that the website didn't say anything about it and then I feel quilty for having a "special request".

Referral Nov 29, 2016: Orientation Jan 12, 2017: Nurse Feb 6, 2017: Dietitian and SW March 3, 2017: Trio April 5, 2017-cleared for surgery: Meet the Surgeon April 12, 2017: Post op Nutrition class May 8, 2017: RNY Surgery May 9, 2017

HW: 306(day of referral) CW: 172 Height: 5'6

Lina_Ann
on 10/1/17 4:35 pm

Sounds like you'll have to keep light dressing in your purse when you go out to eat. I wonder if they have travel size bottles? :P

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/17 6:32 pm

I have not been out to eat yet! I don't think I can even eat enough to finish a kids meal yet. We are going to Vegas at end of Oct. So Ill see how that goes! As long as I can have my tea im good

I used to drink 2 lrg coffee/day! I have not even wanted one in wks! Now apparently im a 40ish tea granny..lol (sans babies)

Most Active