not losing

marie_1973
on 9/29/17 2:37 pm
RNY on 04/13/16

I had my surgery in April 2016 I had lost 109 lbs but but my body seems happy at 134 (ish) I was 240lbs starting weight. I would really like to drop another 10-15 lbs but that doesn't seem to be happening I have a labour job so I am very physical but could def work on cardio

any suggestions ?

birdiegirl
on 9/29/17 3:27 pm

If you've been at this weight for several months then you are eating maintenance calories. So you have a choice to either accept this and work like the devil to NOT gain in the future. Or, lower your calories and see what happens.

Remember, if you have not lost for 3 or 4 weeks it is likely just a stall. If you've not lost in 2 or 3 Months then look at your eating.

Good luck. Also, it will NEVER be as easy to lose weight as right now. As the years go and your malabsorption diminishes it will get really tough. If I wanted to lose more I would work hard to get that additional weight off.

marie_1973
on 9/29/17 4:33 pm
RNY on 04/13/16

Thank you for the reply. I have not been making the best food choices so I don't think I need to look much further ,I have been at this weight for s few months. Basically since June I have been bouncing around a few lbs up then back down. :(

I think you are right and I need to cut back my calories :( I don't want to blow this chance to lose weight and god forbid I gain this soon out

LauraLeafFan
on 9/30/17 6:25 am

I was also told by my surgeon that there will come a time that your body will stop losing and say enough is enough... along with the roller coaster of my weight going up and down.

Good luck!!

Referral MARCH 2016, Orientation JUNE 2016, Surgery FEBRUARY 14TH 2017

HW 272lbs 10 months Post-Op CW 175.7lbs

Most Active