So I have been in a loooong stall

Kathy1212
on 9/18/17 7:29 am

Congrats on 75 Lbs down in 3 months; that's amazing!

On the days where you need two protein shakes (you mentioned it was because it's too hard to eat at work), try to make your 3rd meal and a snack whole foods, dense proteins like steak or shrimp or chicken or a burger patty...something fresh that you've cooked yourself. If it's hard to cook after work, you can do meal prep on your days off, or throw some chicken in a crock pot before you go to bed; you'll wake up with a home cooked meal ready for the next day.

Can you manage something more easily digestible like tuna salad at work?

Do you use an app like myfitnesspal? I find it helps a lot.

Stalls are pretty common at 3 months post op, and I hear you on the hair loss; it's crazy. I'm at 7.5 months out and can't believe I have any hair left at all, I lose so much. I'm still losing like crazy but it's starting to grow back; I have tiny hairs boinking out all over my head, lol.

Good luck.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Wayne H.
on 9/18/17 10:06 am
RNY on 02/08/17

I am just coming out of a near 2 month stall it seems. It happens to many folks, don't worry about it.
Gauge the weight loss in terms of NSV's or fitting into smaller clothing.

I may have stalled for 2 months, but I started Kayaking and Biking again in that time so ask me if I really care about what the scale says.

You will start again soon enough. It's weight gain that should be a major concern..when that happens, you are taking in more calories than what your body can burn.

Most Active