16 Days Post Op! Gagging and Hypersensitive to Smells.

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/17 12:55 pm

Hi all,

Here I am just over two weeks out from VSG.

So apparently there is this thing called "foamies". You gag and dry heave and may or may not have this foam come out. Gross...right!?!? This has been my past 4 days. So when I saw surgeon he put the xnay on puree and right back to full liquids as he feels Sylvia (my sleeve) is not ready! That has given me a case of the blahs/blues. Ive read about lots of others having blahs to post op. I wanted to progress, really really over the liquids!

Having lots of troubles with smells and gag reflex as well. Hubz was cooking bacon last night...i was gagging up a storm, hid in my room with fan and candle going.

I know I need to get my protein in but with all this going on I feel like crap and figure I better just worry about staying hydrated at this point.

At the rate im going Ill be at goal weight by next week...lol (Funny/ Not funny)

Pre op -20.4

Wk 1-14

Wk 2- 6

Going to try and get down some protein tm!!

Eyes on the prize

terrylynnishere
on 9/8/17 1:42 pm

Too bad your not feeling too well. I know you've heard it before but It will get better. In the meantime your losing a good amount of weight already. You kept your sense of humor too lol

Feel better soon.

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

Jo0710
on 9/8/17 1:55 pm

I was the same. I was basically on liquid and mush for 3 months. Everything tasted awful and felt like it would never be right again.

Then all that changed and Am back to normal (well normal rny patient normal) :)

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

oneatatime
on 9/8/17 1:56 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Oh bojangles. :(

I hope you and Sylvia can reach some sort of agreement soon. You sure have had a rough go.

Its going to get better. Hang in there. ((Hugs))

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Lina_Ann
on 9/8/17 2:01 pm

Try buying something mint scented, like the oils they have in the candle section at WalMart. Mint helps with nasuea. Nothing funky, just straight mint scented. My doctor said it can help with upset stomach and feeling nauseous. Weird advice, I know. Lol

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/17 5:06 pm - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

I really have nothing to add except I hope you feel better soon and that I love that you named your sleeve!! Behave Sylvia, the girl is tired of liquids.

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/17 5:52 pm

Sorry... someone told me they were told to do liquids for 1 month right off the bat... so I don't know... I am getting ready for the liquid highway for a while.... Take care....

Most Active