Michael Garron and St Michaels time lines and FYI for Windsor folks and Guelph

Manda32
on 8/30/17 10:44 am

Yesterday, my brother and I both had appointments in Windsor. He was having his doctor appointment (only approval left) and I was having my doctor/dietitian 6 month post op appointment.

My brother wanted to go to Guelph like I did, but found out, Guelph is no longer accepting anymore people from Windsor this year, as their quota's have been met from the Windsor Center. So, for anyone getting close to their approvals going through Windsor, Guelph is no longer an option, unless you want to wait until January.

My brother should be having his surgical class for either of the Toronto hospitals I mentioned above in September. Anyone going through them have any ideas of timelines once you've been approved to meet with the surgeon to surgery? Staff at Windsor didn't really have any ideas of time lines.

Also telehealth, as it wasn't an option for me going through Guelph, my brother was told he can do his meet the surgeon, and pre admin through Windsor, and get cheaper opti which is nice lol. After surgery when you meet with the surgeon six weeks later, can that also be done through telehealth or do you have to go back to Toronto and see the surgeon?

Thanks in advance for any insight to my questions.

I plan to post about being six months out when I'm actually six months post op lol Technically 5 1/2 months out, and I still have the social work class next month, so I will give an update of how things are going next month.

Thanks again.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Ginnny
on 8/30/17 11:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi I went through TWH from Windsor centre. I met the surgeon via telehealth in February and had surgery April 11th. This telehealth appt. was done in the City I work in I didn't have to go to Windsor for it.

I had my pre-op appt via telehealth as well but I did have to travel to Windsor for it (if I remember correctly, I might have even gone to Sarnia for that one, can't remember for sure, I just know it wasn't done around home).

I never saw the surgeon again after meeting him the morning of my surgery. Any follow ups (if you go through TWH) are done at the Windsor centre.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Manda32
on 8/30/17 12:12 pm

Thanks Ginny.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

fromfattohealthy
on 8/31/17 6:41 am - Canada

Windsor is my centre and I went through Michael Garron for my surgery. I met the surgeon via tele-conference on April 12 and my surgery date was May. 16th. My surgical ed class was March 20th. My opti was less expensive as I bought it through Windsor (I think its $80/week rather than $100)

Since then I do all my follow-ups with Windsor. I haven't had to return to Toronto at all. I prefer the drive to Windsor because usually it is very smooth sailing :)

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Most Active