Grazing and too many calories

smash150
on 8/12/17 8:51 pm

Hey all,

I am 3 months post op and generally eat between 400-600 calories per day. Today, after putting in my calories it was on the 800s. It was a busy day and while what I ate wasn't horrible the calories definitely added up. I found myself eating small amounts more often throughout the day.

Now this isn't my normal habit and my schedule was different then usual (I really like being on a routine) but I am just looking for tips that you guys use when you find yourself starting to graze or are thrown off your schedule.

Referral Nov 29, 2016: Orientation Jan 12, 2017: Nurse Feb 6, 2017: Dietitian and SW March 3, 2017: Trio April 5, 2017-cleared for surgery: Meet the Surgeon April 12, 2017: Post op Nutrition class May 8, 2017: RNY Surgery May 9, 2017

HW: 306(day of referral) CW: 172 Height: 5'6

missmac67
on 8/13/17 2:37 am
RNY on 08/01/17

Hi! I hear what you are saying. I'm only a little over a week post op but I tend to be a lick and taste kinda girl which could also ties into grazing. I was told to remember that everything we put into our mouths counts! So if you are going to put something into your mouth - make it count. One suggestion I was given was to enter our food that we plan to eat the DAY BEFORE - and commit to it. That way after we eat we know that we have eaten and for now we are okay until the next time. This may help. Keep sipping your water or I like peppermint tea - hot or cold - it is refreshing and I hope it helps with my breath! You are on the right track with the routine. Best to stick with it - you do your thing and let the rest of the world do theirs! Keep in touch!

TOGETHER we can be BETTER

Best, MJ

leeann73
on 8/13/17 5:44 am

Hello there. I have the same issue as well. What is helping is knowing the calories before I eat them. For example, I wanted some crispest yesterday and when I looked on the single serve packet and saw it was over 200 calories, I put them down in a flash. I am a grazer and the scale has been stuck for almost 3 weeks because of it. May need a "no unplanned" snaking rule. Days where I fill my cooler with all meals and all snacks work best. Good luck to you.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active