Itchy rash on loose skin areas?

eLoon77
on 8/12/17 12:48 pm
RNY on 09/22/17

Yes!! Toast will relieve the itching! You basically just need to boot your system back out of ketosis and it will go away. Those are exactly the places that it would be appearing so I am placing my bets on Keto rash " typically appears on the chest, torso, back, and neck". It usually is symmetrical and appears in areas you would sweat. It doesn't happen to everyone and is aggravated by heat so summer temps might be contributing too. I say eat a bit of carbs and see if it resolves in a few days. Wouldn't take long to clear up. Hopefully when you remove them again afterwards it doesn't come back. Good luck! Hope you can get rid of the itching. It sounds like no fun at all!

Feb 17/16 - orientation TWH | March 3/16 - nurse | Nov 22/16 - Phone call f/u re-entry | Oct 18/16 - nurse | Nov 29/16 - nut class | Feb 16/17 - social worker | March 7/17 - nut apt | March 22/17 - psych apt | March 30/17 - team approved | May 5/17 - surgeon apt | June 8/17 - endoscopy | Sept 22/17 SURGERY RNY @TWH

leeann73
on 8/11/17 6:19 pm

Flake sure to note to your gp. Could help you get Ohip funded plastic surgery. Good luck.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

SisterWithit
on 8/13/17 2:15 pm - St. Catharines, ON, Canada
On August 11, 2017 at 2:54 PM Pacific Time, Kathy1212 wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm down a bit over 105 Lbs in just over 6 months, and for the past two weeks have had a lot of itchy, raised red dots on my upper under arms, where the loose skin is, behind my knees, and, weirdly, on my breasts and upper chest (no loose skin at all on my upper chest area). My tummy and thighs are fine.

I've tried regular cream, aloe, and calmine lotion but the itchiness is crazy and won't go away. It even wakes me up in the night. At first I thought it was mosquito bites but they aren't bites. When I touch the skin on my upper arms, I can feel hard little bumps behind the skin. Only on my arms, nowhere else. I thought maybe it was a heat rash but it hasn't been hot for the past few days and I was actually cold last night.

I am going to see my doctor but couldn't get an appointment until next week. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Kathy,
Sorry you have to deal with this and I'm sure your Dr. will get you fixed up in no time! Sending healing thoughts your way. :)

Lol...Coincidentally, speaking of rashes...

Apparently, shingles is quite common in our age group. I happened to read a pamphlet in the Dr.'s office last week, and it describes shingles as, a raised red rash that can appear any place on the human body, even on one's face or around the eyes. **(Which also paints a picture of about a half a dozen additional maladies, eh! Lol)

Lol...Naturally, since reading that pamphlet, I have been searching for any signs of shingles on my body...Lol...feel free to join me on a trip to Crazy Town any time you're feeling bored!

Kathy1212
on 8/13/17 2:37 pm

LOL about the trip to crazy town. I live there lately due to family drama.

I hope it's not shingles. My Mom had it and it was very painful to her. Mine is just itchy. It started on areas that I assumed were related to loose skin...my upper arms and under my knees, but it spread to include my back, chest, breasts, and neck. I have no loose skin on my back, chest or neck (where the rash is). Not fun. I see my doctor tomorrow.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active