For the ladies... seriously i have a ladies question its kinda icky

rce884
on 8/4/17 6:30 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thats true of course we are all unique but i just wondered if this was a common thing or if it was a bit of a urban legend. but it looks like (as in everything) time will tell. it seems that everytime i try to get ahead of the game i get told to simmer down and take things day by day.

thanks for the information i am sure it will help more than just me

Caff
on 8/1/17 2:42 pm

There is actually very little reliable data on menstruation and reproduction for obese women. Most of what we hear is based on the assumption that PCOS is at play. It's extremely frustrating!

Everyone's body is different and it's impossible to know how it will go. As a former Girl Scout, I recommend you be prepared ;)

Referral - 05/16, Orientation @ HRH - 19/08/16, Surgeon - 06/04/17, NUT/SW/RN - 26/6/17 VSG - 11/10/17 Pre-Op - 27 lbs M1: 22 lbs M2: 14 lbs M3: 11 lbs M4: 13 lbs M5: 9 lbs M6: 9 lbs M7: 7 lbs

rce884
on 8/4/17 6:31 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Stocking up on Always!

bought a HUGE box when i was in the states. they don't go bad and someone else can always use them if i dont

THanks!

Manda32
on 8/1/17 3:32 pm

Heavier periods after major surgery could also be a way your body is handling the stress on your body. Or so my gynecologist says.

I'm on the shot, so I don't get periods, although sometimes near the time I'm due for my next shot I get very light spotting, but just the odd time.

However, when I got home from surgery I had spotting and it lasted for two weeks (and I had my shot then less than a month before so shouldn't have happen). When I talked to my Gyno she said it was the stress from surgery. Which makes sense, as I"ve never had spotting for two weeks and not long after my shot was given. Haven't had any issues since.

As for PCOS which can be a reason for heavy periods, PCOS can be frustrating as the diagnosis is admittingly by my doctor a clinical diagnosis. Some of my symptoms support the diagnosis and some don't. She said I would have to have my ovaries ultrasound to know for sure, but with me on the shot, it could affect the out come. Either way she said people with PCOS as they get to a more normal weight generally starting having regular periods and not so heavy.

We are all different in how our bodies respond to major surgery, and depends on your gynecological history.

I've never heard anything about having WLS making your periods worse. I could understand the short term, as like I have been told stress (even just normal stress not the physical stress of surgery) can cause your body to do weirds things lol...it did for me but it was short term.

Try not to stress about it!!

Take care.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

rce884
on 8/4/17 6:33 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks!

it is hard. this period was crazy. and i was worried that the next few would be as much a civil war battle as that one scared me.

but what will be will be. i suppose there is nothing i can do about it right?

anyway thanks for the supoort

skinny_gigi
on 8/3/17 7:04 pm

My first period post op was crazy. I was down about 20lbs and I BLED like I was shot. One morning I woke up and i thought I had actually BEEN SHOT it was so shocking. POOL of blood, I kid you not. I'm not on month 5 and this cycle is normal. Little achy but relatively speaking normal.

STOCK UP. If you're anything like me, it WILL BE CRAZY. Oh and don't forget to double up on iron...because you'll NEED IT!

But don't worry...i talked to the nurse and she said this is common. :)

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

rce884
on 8/4/17 6:38 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Didn't think of the iron but that is a good idea. any idea what low iron looks like? as i just got off the Satan's waterfall and i cant imagine my iron was any good after all that.

but i don't seem to be faring any worse for wear but still good idea not to get vitamin deficient

SisterWithit
on 8/13/17 1:38 pm - St. Catharines, ON, Canada

@ SkinnyGigi

You crack me up, m'dear - thx!

Kathy1212
on 8/5/17 7:42 am

I'm a lot older than many of you younger gals so things are a bit different for me as i am probably menopausal.

The surgery caused me to start the dreaded curse, in the hospital. The nurses said it was normal and common, but it was brutal having cramps and surgery pain (tmi, sorry).

Then I had very bad times for the next few months whenever it came along; more like when I was in my teens or twenties. Then this month (I'm 6 months post op now)...nothing at all. I'm 53 and am hoping that it's done for good now, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

rce884
on 8/8/17 5:38 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Hmm. i know the surgery effects your hormones. i never thought it could do that!

but that sounds terrible for you. i hope the worst is over

good luck. and thanks for the reply

Most Active