Gallbladder

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/17 3:03 pm

anyone had gallbladder remove at same time as rny . I have gallstones pre op that are giving me issues and just wondering if it's something I would have to take care of before or could get done at same time

oneatatime
on 7/29/17 8:05 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Beachgirl just posted this today, in the thread immediately before yours.

Since it's a known issue, you should absolutely discuss it with your centre though for best results.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/6023869/Recovering-from -surgery/

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/17 9:04 pm

I seen it after lol I should read all threads before posting haha

Beachgirl77
on 7/29/17 9:02 pm

I asked my surgeon before surgery , if my gallbladder was really bad if he could take it out and save me another surgery afterward . When I was even on optifast I had attacks from it ., was not fun . So he said they will have a look and if it is really bad he would take it out . Well, apparently my gallbladder was talk of the surgical dept. non of the mm have seen a gallbladder with as many stones as mine had ! Ans it was large . So I am in a lot of pain on my right side from them removing it ..not fun , but glad I won't have to deal with it later on . I would definitely talk to your surgeon and ask .

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/17 9:09 pm

I seen your post after I posted it lol they did find 2 stones on my ultrasound in January it didn't give me issues then but last 3 months hasn't been too fun. I meet surgeon soon so I will talk to him about it .i would much rather get it done at the same time then have to go through another surgery.

Hope you heal well xo

Beachgirl77
on 7/30/17 2:54 pm

The surgeon said my pain would be worse with the gallbladder removal ..he wasn't lying!! I have been in a lot of pain . But so glad it has been removed and that I don't have to deal with it afterward.

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/17 5:55 pm

Sorry girl...

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/17 2:17 pm

Not so funny story...I was having some pain... saw an HRRH surgeon... gave me meds and told me to lose weight and it would get better. This is before the bariatric surgery was really done here. I go on a diet -- I lost 25 pounds - in a month--- I get a major attack during a meeting and start turning green. I doubled over ---- went to emerg HRRH... surgeon comes and I said but you told me if I lost weight it would get better... he said oh it can also trigger it .....when you lose a large amount of weight...HELLO.... anyways ..it was removed. LOL

Most Active