Second thoughts ?

Beachgirl77
on 7/21/17 9:15 am

I think that's what I'm worried about ..will I be able to eat normally and feel normal ever again ?!

SiennaSweet
on 7/22/17 1:16 pm

Do you feel normal now? I'm smaller now, six months out, but I'm the same person with the same sense of humor, same education, same personality and yet with only a few exceptions I have so much more attention! People pay attention to me and my ideas now. I feel less like a freak now and much more normal. That's my experience anyway.

It's such a relief worrying about getting in my fluids and proteins instead of always feeling restricted and hungry. Life is always a game of trade offs I think. We all worry or have anxiety. You'll just get to be anxious about finding a new wardrobe! I've read a lot of posts and go to support group. Only a very small handful ever really regret their surgery. Is life always perfect, ahhh nope. I had complications and I still wouldn't change a thing.

The beginning is awkward and weird and that's how the body can just melt away a ton of pounds. When you level out is when you slow your weight loss. So, my advice is to hug and love weird. You will be normal very soon. For me I couldn't stand the sipping and after just six months I can gulp water again but I only lost a pound this week. Can I sip again?

You're asking the right questions and I sincerely don't mean to make light of your concerns. I just want to reassure you that you made the right choice for the right reasons and your life, your time resource is short. Use it the way you planned at a fit weight!

Instead of wasting my brain and time

Beachgirl77
on 7/22/17 4:48 pm

I am definitely looking forward to the new me ! No questions asked . I'm very nervous about the surgery, and the change to my body . I'm just really hoping that I recover and feel good and 'normal' on the inside as well as the outside . Definitely looking forward to not drinking optifast and instead having a proper dinner with my family at the table . It's been a tough week and half with that ! 5 days to go !!!

fromfattohealthy
on 7/21/17 7:50 am - Canada

I cried the day before - over little things. I think this was nerves. I am 2 months post-op, 35.5lbs down and sooooo HAPPY. Stepped on the scale today at 199.8! YAHOO!

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Beachgirl77
on 7/21/17 9:18 am

Awesome !! Good for you ! I think I'm just scared and worried if I will feel normal after and I think drinking these shakes is starting to ge to me ! I can't wait for some real food . Not that I'm hungry, I'm completely satisfied with the shakes, a real piece of food would much better :-)

Mahalo F.
on 7/21/17 8:26 am

Hi!

Seconds thoughts????

I was anxious & terrified right up to laying on the operating table.... I remember they put the mask over my face & I said, Oh God please just let me wake up after surgery". I can handle anything else... I was surprised how great I felt after surgery and even during recovery.

6 months out, down 105 lbs & almost at goal weight. Will that stop me? NO!!! Going for another 10 lb weight loss...

Best decision of my life! Regrets??????

Absolutely!!!! I wish I hadn't spent days, weeks & even months stressing about the surgery and everything that could or would go wrong!

My advice to you! Breathe, relax, think positively, believe & embrace this amazing journey!

It is life changing!

Take care & good luck!

Sandra

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Beachgirl77
on 7/21/17 9:22 am

Thank you ! It's so good to know that everyone is doing so well ! You are doing great ! WOW 105 lbs !! That's amazing !!! I'm hoping for an easy recovery... and yes, that I wake up and eventually feel 'normal'

Tuktu
on 7/21/17 9:58 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Lets be honest - the way I ate before was not 'normal' - I overate everything, big portions, wrong foods like processed and deep fried and not healthy eating at all. That was not the way a normal person eats. So you will have a new 'normal' now after surgery - better smarter food choices! Now you will feel healthier and you will feel great! Slowly you will get back to eating more solid foods soon after surgery and in time it just becomes your new way of eating and living. In a few months that will seem normal to you.

We all probably had second thoughts before surgery and I was depressed thinking I'll never eat donuts or treats again but if I kept eating that junk I would still be almost 300 lbs. Don't be nervous - this is definitely a good move and you won't regret it for one minute.

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/17 12:38 pm, edited 7/21/17 8:59 am

Beachgirl77.....WOW I love this thread... you are not alone!

I am petrified.... and I still may have to wait 6-8 months.

Everything you all said - so encouraging... yes I too am scared I won't wake up or get a leak or stricture... all those things.. your mind goes to the worst.

I have always eaten well --- not junky- but I am disabled and I gained all my weight because I ate the same as when I exercised and hiked 5 miles a day.

So happy for all of you ... you are all in my prayers and I am grateful for your inspiration. SOOOOOOOOO grateful. I am not alone in this and it means the world to me.

Smoka
on 7/21/17 1:52 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

I agree with Jobear. This is a great thread...so inspiring. It gives me hope. Thanks for asking the question Beachgirl!

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

Most Active