New again! HRRH timelines?

MidLgirl
on 7/7/17 9:23 am

Hi all I am re starting the process. I went through it all once before only to change my mind. I had a surgery date and everything and managed to talk myself out of it...I am now back at beginning 30lbs heavier with major back pain issues. I am interested in hearing about HRRH timelines. Because last time I backed out was because the wait was incredibly long and I had too much time to be anxious about it. It was during the time the hospital was moving to new site...it was crazy chaotic wait. Ready to start fresh now...just hoping wait is better. tks

oneatatime
on 7/8/17 12:08 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Welcome back, MidL! HRRH is not my centre, so I can't tell you about timelines there... I can say that hopefully you'll find lots of support here pre (and post) op to get you through your waiting time, when most of us do have tons of questions and get nervous.

Wishing you all the best on your journey!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Loril1963
on 7/8/17 7:29 am
RNY on 10/28/16

I had my surgery at HRRH in Oct./16

It is a long process, like you it was my second attempt I chickened out the first time. It doesn't matter what hospital you go to there is going to be a long wait. I had my 3 hr introduction in November of 2015, at that session they said it would take about 3-4 months to hear back. Well in March (4 months later) I heard nothing. So I started calling. They do not return phone calls. So by June (yes June) I drove over in person, they were shocked I hadn't heard back from them. They are very disorganized in the Bariactric dept there. One week later I heard back, appointments started happening and in october I had surgery.

I think they make you jump through hoops if it's your second time, they want to make sure you really want this and your not wasting their time.

All in all the hospital is fantastic surgery staff amazing.

Caff
on 7/8/17 10:39 am

I am in the program now, and with the pace of my own appointments I'd say you're looking at 1.5 years at Humber.

I haven't had any additional tests to delay the process either.

All the best to you in your journey.

Referral - 05/16, Orientation @ HRH - 19/08/16, Surgeon - 06/04/17, NUT/SW/RN - 26/6/17 VSG - 11/10/17 Pre-Op - 27 lbs M1: 22 lbs M2: 14 lbs M3: 11 lbs M4: 13 lbs M5: 9 lbs M6: 9 lbs M7: 7 lbs

Kathy1212
on 7/8/17 11:59 am

Welcome back.

It may take a while to get your surgery, but the time is going to pass anyway, so just hang in there.

Good luck!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Beachgirl77
on 7/8/17 9:09 pm, edited 7/8/17 2:10 pm

I am having my surgery at Humber . My referral went in Dec'16 , had my orientation Mid Feb'17. I have had all my appointments and now have my surgery date booked for Oct'17 . I feel the process went quick !

Good luck !

Simplyb
on 7/9/17 4:06 am
RNY on 04/12/17

Things move quickly, after the appointments start ****il then we are left in the dar****il wham it all happens so fast).

I remember wanting to back out the day of surgery. I remember starting to say something as they placed the table in position with my arms and legs weighted or tied and then I awoke in recovery and it was too late.

We all wobble whether pre or post op, but the bigger picture is the one to focus on.

Somene recently posted a 6 month update on her sugiversary.

Read that post, imagine those victories, imagine knees and feeling beautiful - something we all need, you can do it!

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Sheacat
on 7/9/17 4:08 pm - Belleville, ON
RNY on 07/11/17

Thank you for posting this. I am going in on Tuesday, and while I haven't felt like I want to back out, I am starting to feel some anxiety. :) I needed this motivation!

Simplyb
on 7/9/17 5:39 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

Let us support you here with that anxiety.

Try to be strong and confident in your meetings this week.

You have this, the decision to go back has been made for the right reasons. Focus on your health and the benefits we on the losers bench are now either enjoying or starting to enjoy.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

dh101
on 7/9/17 8:53 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

I'm sure everyone has some anxiety around having weight loss surgery. I know I did. I kept going back to why I felt it was right for me. Early in my journey, I wrote a letter to myself about my weight history and why I felt Vertical Gastric Sleeve was the best answer for me. I re-read it several times. Each time I did, the anxiety got to be smaller and smaller. By surgery day it felt like one tiny gremlin sitting on my shoulder whining at me.

As my husband and I walked into the hospital, I told him again my reason and then flicked the little gremlin from my shoulder.

I am glad I did. I am still in the first two weeks post Surgery, but I can see the weight loss. I am down 2 pant sizes since I started my journey and I am thrilled.

I'm sure you can describe the reason you are ready for Weight Loss Surgery. Remember that the physical part only fixes a small portion of the cause. Only you will be able to re-program your brain, and learn how to use the new tool to succeed. But you can if you set your mind to it that no one can make you fail.

Best of luck!

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

Most Active