Weight loss at two weeks out

ronshoneygirl23
on 7/6/17 11:29 am

Hi Everyone, feeling pretty frustrated at this point. I have stuck to plan 100%. Kept track and followed plan and today at Dr post-op visit up 3 lbs from two days before surgery on June 23rd. I am getting at least 8 cups of fluid in and only taking 1/2 c of protein (plain 0% Greek yogurt, 0% fat free cottage cheese, 1/2 c oatmeal ect.) What am I doing wrong. I eat about 5 x day and have sf pudding 1/4 c or baby puree fruit 1/4 c. I have been eating slowly and never feel hungry.Help!!

Christy

Kathy1212
on 7/6/17 11:50 am

Hi Christy,

A lot of people gain a lot of water weight from surgery, plus there can be inflammation and swelling inside. Don't worry, it will come off.

I can't really help with the food part as I was a slow healer and could only manage premier protein shakes for the first few weeks. When I was able to introduce food, it was in the tiny medicine cup size, so only a taste.

It took me all day and night to get down 2 shakes and my water, but others didn't have my issues so will be of better help.

Good luck.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

oneatatime
on 7/6/17 1:01 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi there,

I am pre-op so I have no recommendations for you. I wanted to give you a great big virtual hug though.

I do understand how frustrated you must feel. I agree with Kathy that eventually the weight will come off... but hang tight, no doubt others with experience are coming along shortly.

I'm glad you're here. We're here together and for you!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

NikkiIbby
on 7/6/17 2:43 pm

Hey christy!

You sound like you are doing everything right at the beginning it does come off a little slower but it will pick up...I am 6 weeks out and am down 58 pounds including two weeks of optifast!! Keep your chin up and keep positive!! Good work so far! ð?¤--

nikki

Kabeebabee
on 7/8/17 8:44 am
RNY on 06/14/17

Hi Christy

I'm almost for weeks post op but I do remember my two week appointment. I went in totally pumped and came out totally depressed, which lasted a week. I too was so disappointed with my weight loss, or lack thereof. After about a week I came out of the blues with the attitude that if I lost 2 pound a week, it would equal to 116 pounds in a year. That's not to snappy. Keep up what you are doing, logging, measuring and persevering and you will reach your goal. There is no race.

Kelly, Ontario, Canada

My Timeline

Three week Optifast diet began May 24, 2017

Surgery date June 14, 2017

Onward and downward

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

ronshoneygirl23
on 7/8/17 9:17 am

Thanks Kelly, I know there is no way that I am gaining. I know what I am eating and that I am 100% dedicated. The feedback has been incredible as well as encouraging. It was only two weeks yeaterday and my body is healing. I went in on June 23rd a.t 283lb and yesterday I was down to 277lbs. So that is great. I did have a lot of fluid at the time of surgery as my feet and fingers were like sausages when I went home on the Sunday. I actually feel awesome and am shrinking. Clothes are fitting looser all the time. Feeling encouraged right now. Thanks for your great support.?

Christy

Most Active