NSVs come in twos...?

Meggles07
on 7/5/17 6:42 pm - Canada

So, this morning I was putting on my new running shoes. They are a Sketchers slip on with elastic laces, but the heal part is annoying and I have to tug it to get it on. Instead of bending down to grab the heel part I lifted my knee to my chest and just did it. I kind of stood there for a moment thinking about what I did. I know post-op that bending over and tying our shoes can be a victory, so this was pretty awesome.

Second, I had fun at soccer. I need to let that sink in for a moment. Now, I hate the process of getting to soccer because I have to drive 45 minutes in rush hour to get there and I got stuck in construction on the way home, but the actual playing was a lot of fun. Who is this person? I can also honestly say that I'm getting better at it. I can travel a bit with the ball and attempt to score. I'm the second worst person on the team, but it is mostly social so it's a lot of fun. We played for about 1.5 hours with only two water breaks. I even had a fleeting thought of trying to find a second league closer to home. What?? Lol :)

Meg~

Tuktu
on 7/6/17 7:23 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Woohoo! Good for you! Must have felt so good to be able to just stand and lift your knee like that. And so glad you are enjoying soccer - they say if you love some form of exercise it will be easier for you to keep doing and won't feel like exercise after all! That's wonderful! Go girl!

helferships
on 7/6/17 7:33 am
RNY on 11/14/16

Congratulations! I have two, too

1. I have no casual summer clothes that aren't tents so I went to Old Navy and tried on a bunch of stuff and it was all too big! Had to go back for smaller sizes - a first. In the olden days if I could do it up, I bought it. Now I can be fussy about design, colour, fabric, fit. So fun and exciting!

2. we have a light in the basement with a pull-cord switch and the pull-cord broke so to turn it off my husband just reaches up and unscrews the bulb. I have to stand on a chair to reach it and would never have even attempted getting up on a chair 6 months ago that but yesterday I jumped on and off like a gazelle! Also fun but slightly less exciting as it was just to do the laundry.

Kathy1212
on 7/6/17 10:06 am

Congratulations; awesome NSV's!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

oneatatime
on 7/6/17 12:34 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Congratulations!!! The leg lift is one of the things I REALLY want to be able to do!!! That is so exciting!!!

Amazing that you like the soccer too!

Great stuff all around! :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active