Surgery on Friday

ronshoneygirl23
on 6/19/17 6:54 pm

Day 11 done of Optifast. Will not miss it. It gets real easy after the first week but very boring. Not nervous at this point as I really feel this is a great life changer. I realize it is a tool and I am the one who has to make it work. Looking forward to meeting the new me.

My Hubby has been really supportive. He helps me keep it real. I told him that I think it will change me. I would be lying if I said different. How can you go through a journey like this and no change. It is what I make it.

Christy

Manda32
on 6/19/17 11:36 pm

I don't think any of us miss Opti! lol

Good luck with your upcoming surgery on Friday. I remember how excited I was way back three months ago. Although, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous, but more excited over all.

Nothing beats a supportive hubby that's for sure! Mine has been nothing but supportive too. It makes it a lot easier that is for sure.

Again good luck with your surgery, and you'll be losing in no time!

Best wishes!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

ronshoneygirl23
on 6/20/17 9:33 am

I am having Dr. Jules as well. What was your experience with recovery and his cares. He was super nice and very informative at pre-surgery. I am going through Guelph and so far it has been great.

Did you have a lot of gas and pain as well. I find the last few nights I have not slept well. I was sleeping really well. I am not nervous. Just looking forward to getting the surgery over with. Thanks.

Christy

Manda32
on 6/21/17 10:57 am

Your in great hands over all! I didn't meet Dr. Jules until I got into the operating room. I initially met with Dr. Reed, but I was told at that appointment I would be having Dr. Jules for my surgery. The staff said nothing but great things about him, so I wasn't too nervous about not meeting him before hand.

He was super nice. Checked on me both days I was in the hospital. Very nice, and has a sense of humour which is nice. At my six weeks post op visit he was very patient, informative and answered all my questions. Like I said your in good hands. Great surgeon.

Nurses are amazing there too, so no worries.

I did have gas pains, that was what bothered me the most pain wise. The incisions surprisingly I thought I'd be in more pain, but besides being tender and a bit sore, it wasn't overall that bad pain wise (minus the gas pains). I think the day after if it wasn't for the gas pains, I don't think I would have needed to take pain meds. Took about a week for the gas pains to completely go away, but each day the pain got better.

I didn't sleep well the few days leading up to surgery. I think its normal, the excitment, the nervousness, all the emotions, I think contribute to lack of sleep, plus you just want it done and over with.

You'll be fine, Guelph is amazing!

Good luck on Friday!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

oneatatime
on 6/20/17 6:49 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Friday is right around the corner. That's so exciting!!! Congratulations. Amazing that your husband is so supportive.

No doubt you will change. Physically, mentally, emotionally. It sounds like you're ready to unleash to the world the 2.0 version of yourself. The same, but faster and "funner"!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Kathy1212
on 6/20/17 7:20 am

Congratulations, so excited for you!

You will change, but the changes will be all for the better as you'll feel so much better, become healthier, and be able to do so much more.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

LauraLeafFan
on 6/20/17 8:50 am

It's awesome to hear you have a supportive hubby...and it's important to have. Sure you will change...but like others said for the better. More like you will be coming out of your shell...gain more confidence and be able to do more. It's an exciting journey ... enjoy it. Keep in mind you deserve it.

Linda M.
on 6/20/17 9:22 am - Orillia, Canada

I'm one of the weird freaks who enjoyed not having to worry about what I was eating and had no trouble getting in my four a day. I didn't miss it, but I recognized the need to transition from "real" food to Opti, and then after surgery to clear liquids and fuller liquids. All in all, I was on liquids for 6 weeks and I believe this contributed to my complete healing. I have never been sick, nothing stuck, no dumping - just the odd case of feeling that I have had one spoonful too much or eaten too quickly. Getting the liquids in, moving as you can and getting plenty of rest will be key.

Christy, I wish you all the best and know that you will do well. You already have a proven commitment and a supportive family - the ingredients to success!

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Wayne H.
on 6/22/17 7:46 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Oh Boy,,, You must be getting excited now being on the eve of surgery?

All the best to you and we look forward to hearing from you on the losers bench :-)

ronshoneygirl23
on 6/22/17 1:45 pm

Thanks Wayne, you know I am as calm as can be. I guess when you know it's right that's how you feel. Maybe I will feel different tomorrow but right now I am at peace.

Christy

Most Active