Vitamin List (Please read if you are a TWH patient)

rce884
on 6/15/17 7:51 am
RNY on 09/05/17

So, i was set to have surgery on the 27th of March. but i had not bought my vitamins yet. i was planning to give my cc to my partner and have her buy them when she was visiting me in the hospital after surgery.

as many of you know, the surgery was postponed (till September 5th) and i have had a very tough time since then. my paperwork and books have been scatterd between several places and i am not as organized as i was before. (i have had a lot on my plate. )

the thing is i cannot find the paperwork that tells me what vitamins i need to be on post -op.

i really need to figure this out. so i would very much appreciate if anyone who is working out of TWH could either post or pm me what the vitamin requirements are.

i know its a pain but i would really appreciate it.

thank you

Rce884

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/17 8:14 am - Brampton , Canada
RNY on 09/12/17

If I remember correctly two multi-vitamins daily containing copper (chewable for the first 6weeks-centrum select 50plus has been recommended for this period)

B12 - tablets daily, sublingual every other day or injection once monthly (can't recall the exact doses)

Calcium citrate with vitamin d three times daily, the calcium should equal 1200-1500 total per day

Iron if needed

Not sure if this helps, bit it's what I recall from paperwork and class.

The nutrition/vitamin info can be found in the nutrition binder as well, which can be found at http://www.uhn.ca/PatientsFamilies/Health_Information/Health_Topics/Documents/Eating_for_Health_after_Gastric_Bypass_Surgery.pdf

rce884
on 6/15/17 8:36 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thank you so much Tanya C.

that really helps i have just been such a scatter brain for the last little while, between helping my mom and dealing with my own grief at my dads passing. i was so on top of this before!

but i am printing out that booklet so I have it

Thank you Again!

Linda M.
on 6/15/17 10:04 am - Orillia, Canada

Tanya has you covered. I didn't start taking anything until I was home a week and could get them down without difficulty - even the chewable vitamin. I don't think it harmed me at all and all of my levels: B12, Vitamin D, Calcium, Iron - are all still high and I think there will be adjustments made at my three month visit.

I just want to say congratulations for moving on with your postponed surgery. I'm truly sorry for your Dad's passing and wish you well - one step at a time.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active