One more day of fluids!!!

NikkiIbby
on 6/13/17 10:55 am

i am almost to the puréed stage...very exciting!! Lol just wondering what were people's favourite things to eat in this stage..I am a little nervous about eating actual food but just going to take it slow and small!!!

Nikki

Jackie S.
on 6/13/17 12:05 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/07/17

Hey Nikkibby;

I am 6 days post op but i am healing super well. I started pureed today.

I love unsweetened apple sauce, baby cereal made with milk and pureed fruit, sweet potato, cottage cheese, yogurt, soft scrambled egg... as I write this I realize that I am just loving flavour, semi-texture!

Take it slow, it took an hour to eat 1 scrambled egg and 1/4c cottage cheese BUT it was THE best hour

Enjoy!

Referral: NOV/16 Info Sess: DEC/16 OptiFAST: 3wks started May 17/17 OR: RNY June 7/17

HW:278 SW:252 1stGW:220 2ndGW:200 3rdGW:170 GW:150

Weight Management Clinic - Ottawa

NikkiIbby
on 6/13/17 12:37 pm

Thanks those are great ideas!! You are doing great!! :) it takes me about 45 mins to eat now with the fluids!

Insert Fitness
on 6/14/17 3:10 am

Congrats on your surgery!

i made puréed cauliflower and cheddar soup. Puréed black bean soup and my plan included eggs in the purée phase(I could only eat maybe 1/2 scrambled egg)

Even though you are eating such small servings, I'd avoid anything too carby.

I was also really conservative about reintroducing food. I only had a quarter cup max, and would only have it for 1 meal a day, and stuck with protein shakes the other two. That way, if I was going to have a bad reaction, I'd know what it was that triggered it, and small portions kept me from accidentally overdoing it or eating too fast.

enjoy not being on regular food, use the time to focus on your behaviours and good post op habits! You'll be eating regular food before you know it!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

NikkiIbby
on 6/14/17 3:16 am

Thank you so much that is very helpful!! Congrats on your weight loss :)

Wayne H.
on 6/14/17 7:45 am
RNY on 02/08/17

One of my favorites was Salmon mixed with low fat Miracle Whip. Like a salmon sandwich without the bread.

Hummus was another favorite of mine

Pea Soup, Yum

Scrambled Egg if you can tolerate it.

Kathy1212
on 6/14/17 8:35 am

Congratulations!

I bought a mini chopper at Walmart and it pureed everything beautifully.

My first day I had some pureed refried beans because they were on my plan, and they tasted heavenly...and I never liked them pre surgery, lol.

I loved pureed egg salad (1 egg with low carb miracle whip, smoked paprika, salt, pepper), pureed tuna salad, but pureed faux hot chicken wings (chicken, ranch dressing, hot sauce) was my favorite. I also pureed chili, and beef stew (no potatoes).

I only pureed something special once a day; other than that, I stuck with Greek or Skyr yogurt for one meal, and sometimes (maybe twice a week) I had high protein oatmeal mixed with premier protein. Some days I ate one meal a day plus 2 premier protein, and other days I was able to get in 2 meals plus 1 premier protein.

It took forever to eat, and I started out with the medicine cup size of food (the cups they give you in the hospital), and then progressed to an espresso cup size, then worked my way up to a quarter cup.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active