Curious... 1 week post op and are we allowed to have mushy crackers in our chicken broth?

Glivia
on 6/13/17 6:20 am

Just wanting to add a bit of spark to plain chicken broth. Also do you know if we can take lactose intolerant pills???

White Dove
on 6/13/17 6:33 am - Warren, OH

Pills - yes

Crackers -no

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Jackie S.
on 6/13/17 6:39 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/07/17

I am one week post op and after speaking with the NP yesterday I am on puree now! If you are not sure check with your nurse.

Referral: NOV/16 Info Sess: DEC/16 OptiFAST: 3wks started May 17/17 OR: RNY June 7/17

HW:278 SW:252 1stGW:220 2ndGW:200 3rdGW:170 GW:150

Weight Management Clinic - Ottawa

Monica9811
on 6/13/17 6:51 am - Peterborough, Canada

Add hot sauce or some other flavours. Stay away from crackers!

Mommyx3
on 6/13/17 1:15 pm - Canada

Always remember if something like a cracker put into soup expands soaks up liquid the same will happen in your stomach and you won't realize until it is too late and you can easily stretch your pouch let alone cause a great deal of discomfort to yourself. Best advice is stay away from all forms of dense white carbs for a long time they are wasted calories that will just cause problems. Best to find some spices to add for flavor

Insert Fitness
on 6/14/17 3:23 am

I'd suggest avoiding crackers, and white carbs for as long as possible. I know a lot of our centers encourage it. But the reality is, those guidelines are made by people who have never been obese, and don't really understand the power of carb cravings and head hunger. Until your new lifestyle and behaviours have taken root, it's better to just keep your distance.

My NP keeps encouraging me to have "just a few triscuts" a day. She can't grasp the fact that there is no way on earth I could have a box of crackers in the house and not eat them all. I'm 9 months out, and there are tons of things I can have in the house now and not be bothered with cravings. Bread, pasta, tortilla chips, any sweets, etc. but some things I can't yet. Like crackers and ice cream.

I love to cook, and trust me, I like jazzing things up. But do it without simple carbs. As someone mentioned, use hot sauce. Or curry powder, or a different broth all together. I used a veggie one that was much tastier.

congrats on your surgery, keep posting and reading, there's tons of great info here, and so much support!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Mahalo F.
on 6/14/17 6:57 am, edited 6/13/17 11:57 pm

Congratulations!

I am 5 months out & I stayed away from starches completely. No bread, no potatoes, no pasta & no rice...

I did however & still eat Milupa or Heinz baby Oatmeal cereal quite runny early on & still enjoy it with a thicker consistency now...

Stay on track early on and you will be successful.

Good luck!

Sandra

Mahalo.

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active