First dump, OMG

Kathy1212
on 6/7/17 12:55 pm

Hi Wayne,

Wow, you're doing great; over 100 Lbs gone! Wow! That's wonderful!

Yeah, it was my first time. I'm still not exactly sure what triggered it but think it might have been too fatty a piece of steak, or maybe it was just too overcooked (I like my meats well done).

I'm feeling a lot better now, thank God.

I bought my bike last summer, when I was at my high weight, and made sure to get one that could support my weight. It has a steel frame and is very heavy. The tires are thicker and have lots of spokes. It's a Townie by Electra and I absolutely love it. The guy at the bike shop said it could easily hold a lot more weight than mine. I kind of wish I would have gotten the 21 speed instead of the 7, but other than that, I love it.

Take care,

Kathy

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/17 1:09 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

That doesn't sound like dumping to me. Sounds like your vitamin got stuck then when you tried to drink the water, the funnel backed up then the burping is usually a sign that it is going to go through but it will go through with pain and nausea. I had a tylenol get stuck once and it was just like you said and it even made me have the runs when I hadn't eaten a thing so I know in my case it was something stuck yet I still got the runs from it. You likely panicked when feeling that way and when you got home and knew you were safe, you just needed to sleep it off. Anxiety is a ***** and being so far from home and not knowing what could happen out there is exhausting. I'd try some hot liquids and see how that goes then just take it easy. If it was stuck, you could be swollen inside and might have to avoid solids a few days to let it settle down.

Mommyx3
on 6/13/17 1:25 pm - Canada

Hi Kathy! I'm no pro but I had my surgery nov'15 and to this day there are some days I eat something I have ate before and had no problems but then something clicks and it doesn't agree with me and this occurs. It isn't all the time but I find I always eat lean meat but I have thought maybe it was because I bought it from a different store? I don't know I just know it has happened to me before and it might have not been anything new that you have ate just something somewhere along the line it didn't need agree with you. I know I usually stay away from the meal that caused this for a bit and eventually try again later. As for the next day I am usually fine to resume my normal choices for my meals and have no problems. It's defiantly a lot of trial and error after having the surgery hope you continue to have success!

Most Active