What are you eating/doing Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 6/6/17 7:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I like Skyr vanilla. It's yummy plain or with a few berries or granola. Not this week though!! LOL

Kathy1212
on 6/6/17 9:50 am

Ginny, your exercise routine just amazes me; you do so much!

I have to ask, what is a chicken boob, lol?

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Ginnny
on 6/6/17 11:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

a chicken boob, is simply a chicken breast, but I don't like that word. It's right up there with "panties"

Kathy1212
on 6/6/17 10:01 am

Hi Menu pals,

I had my very first dumping syndrome yesterday ON MY BIKE. Sorry for the caps, but can you imagine how awful that was?

It started with supper yesterday. I had some left over BBQ steak, which I have never had a problem with. I also had 2 tbsp of peas, which may have been a problem, as I don't normally have them. I waited about 20 minutes and felt OK so decided to go for my bike ride. Then I took my multivitamin and immediately my stomach started to hurt. I guess that big multi was my "one bite too much". Instead of staying home like a sane person, I grabbed a bottle of water and hopped on my bike.

My first sip of water, 30 minutes after my meal, made me feel nauseated, but plain water often does and I was out of my 1 calorie water flavorings so I figured that must be the problem. I kept riding. With every sip of water, my stomach got worse, and soon I was in big trouble. I was 4 km from home before I realized what was happening (duh) and I turned around and pedaled for home as fast as I could. It's a good thing I was moving quickly so hopefully no one could hear the burping, lol.

I took a direct route home; rather than my normal winding up and down through quiet side streets I took the busy main street and zoomed back. I ran into the house, up the stairs, and made it to the washroom just in time. Then I had to go lie down. I slept until NOON today. OMG, never again.

Today I hope to ride my bike to the main library and back; which is about a 12km ride, so hopefully my stomach will be OK. I'm just having some protein shake in my coffee right now. If I feel OK I may try a hard boiled egg after my coffee, but not sure. Maybe I should stick with protein shakes today?

Menu: premier protein in coffee, possibly a hard boiled egg, not sure

Rest of day: unsure, possibly just protein shakes and water

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Ginnny
on 6/6/17 11:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I would try the egg and just wait a little longer before heading out on your bike. You need to have some fuel in your system to pedal that bike!!

I've never dumped so I don't know if there are lasting effects.

Jo0710
on 6/6/17 12:01 pm

When I've had an "episode" like that, I stick to protein shakes for a day and no exercise because I feel AWFUL and feels like it could happen again, so I just do a day of rest but I understand where you are coming from.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Jo0710
on 6/6/17 12:05 pm

Working today till 4:30ish, my son then has ball practice 6pm-8pm so I'll go to that and watch. It's been raining off and on today so I'm hoping it stops since I'll be outside. Once I get home, put the kiddies to sleep then go lay in bed. I'm still super exhausted from the weekend away.

B: Premier Protein

L: 3/4 of a chicken strip (one of my clients came 20 mins early for an appointment and that's all I had time for)

S: 1/2 bag of grab & go peanuts that I had in the car

D: Chicken 2 ozs, salad with lettuce, onion, peppers, marble cheese shredded on top (no dressing)

Cals: 599, Protein 60, carbs 25

I may add some more protein in somewhere... maybe a shake or a splash juice protein.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Smoka
on 6/6/17 12:49 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi Everyone!

I am not on a "regular' schedule today, but I thought I should post anyway...to be true to myself!! I'm feeling a little wiped out from yesterday's procedure. The sedative they gave me was strong. Right after I had a small bowl of chili, water and juice (after not eating since Friday). I barely remember though. I went to bed right after around 6 pm and did not wake up until 6am. I am still very tired today and have been in and out of sleep. So far today I have had a pouched egg on toast, avocado, tomatoes, cherries, and tons of water and some tea. I think tonight I will make some comfort food - grilled cheese and tomato soup - and more water. I'll be back at it tomorrow...thanks for listening!!

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

birdiegirl
on 6/6/17 1:47 pm

RNY 8 years 2 Months Post Op

Afternoon

Had some family emergencies the past two days so I have fallen off the CAMAW train. Hope to Re-start on Sunday.

So far today,chicken for lunch and breakfast. Heading to a concert tonight. Thai chicken with veg for dinner.

Enjoy

Most Active