Full Fluids

brynnd
on 6/1/17 8:00 am

I'll be starting my full fluids/purée tomorrow and I'm wondering what kind of (thicker) soups did you guys enjoy?

I'm really looking forward to cream of mushroom (strained, of course) but I have such a craving for tomato-- but I'm not sure if that's allowed?

Kathy1212
on 6/1/17 9:18 am

I think it varies depending on your taste buds post op. I couldn't stand the cream of mushroom when I tried it, but was OK with cream of chicken. I craved tomato too, and had some V8 juice in an espresso cup to combat that, once or twice a week. That was allowed on my plan. I wanted tomato soup but the only one I found with good stats tasted awful to me. Hopefully you'll still enjoy the flavors you crave.

I ate a LOT of Greek or Skyr yogurt, but mostly stuck to premier protein shakes on Full fluids. On the puree stage, I pureed stew, chilli, chicken with sauce, egg salad, etc., in my little chopper. One of my favorite pureed meals was chicken pureed with a sauce made of hot sauce, yogurt, and a bit of ranch dressing. It tasted like hot wings to me. The Ricotta bake was yummy.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Meggles07
on 6/1/17 11:20 am - Canada

I'm not a fan of canned tomato soup, but I made my own roasted red pepper and tomato soup with a recipe I found online.

Something like this one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13004/roasted-red-pepper-and-to mato-soup/

I would have left out the sugar, flour, and hot sauce...

I think I added a bit of greek yogurt for protein. Another option would be to get unflavored protein powder (bulk barn) which can be added to lots of things :)

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 6/1/17 1:52 pm

Campbell's has some really tasty soup that r in a carton which is great for our small meals so u can pour what I need and refrigerate the rest! They have a tomatoe Thai basil coconut one that is really yummy, butternut squash, mushroom they r all really good! U can get them on sale for 1.99 or regular around 3$.

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Meet Dr.Bohjani Jan.18,2017- 286lbs

Started optifast Jan.26,2017

Surgery date Feb,13,2017- 268lbs

RosieHawk
on 6/1/17 2:49 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I enjoyed most of the cream soups but couldn't actually drink very much of them at once. As for the tomato, like others mentioned I think the canned tomato soup might be an issue due to sugar content. If craving it bad enough I'd tweak the above recipe to meet your dietary needs and settle your craving...adding greek yogurt is an excellent idea!

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

brynnd
on 6/1/17 8:31 pm

Thanks, guys! Very helpful.

leeann73
on 6/2/17 7:15 pm

I had the tomato soup from the carton and the can made with milk. I loved it. I liked cream of broccoli as well and there was a potato leak one in a carton I liked. I also ate a to. Of Greek yogurt and made the egg face ricotta bake but overdosed on it so I cannot go near it now. Lol

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active