Cottage weekend

leeann73
on 5/22/17 8:54 am

First weekend at the family cottage since surgery. The cottage is a place of food, special snacks, ice cream and roasted goodies. I survived. I had a handful of chips but other than that stuck to plan. I wish I could feel restriction more. This morning I had an egg with cheese and cut up fruit. I stopped because I knew I had enough but physically I could have eaten more. That scares me a bit. How does restriction feel for you guys?

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Meggles07
on 5/22/17 9:13 am, edited 5/22/17 10:28 am - Canada

I'm two years out and I generally only feel restriction with dense proteins - chicken, beef, pork, egg, and some cheese. Anything else will just slide through and I'll never feel full. I either measure my portions, use pre-portioned food (e.g. cheese stick, yogurt container, etc.), or use the little 1/2 cup glad containers. I brought four of those containers with me on my trip so if I buy nuts, crackers, or anything else like that I have a way to measure and portion myself. I'm no good at eyeballing food, and this way I also have my amounts for tracking in MyFitnessPal.

Meg~

ready-4-new-start
on 5/22/17 2:10 pm - Canada

I am 13 months out and I feel restricted specially with dense protein. And if I eat something on the higher end of sugar allowed I sure do feel it. I haven't dumped I know when to stop but I find the farther out the more restricted I am. sugar never really bother me but now it does same with fat. I use to have handful of chips the last time I had them I was feeling it.. I am so thankful for having the restrictions but it sure does kick me in the butt at times let me know who is the boss...

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

skinny_gigi
on 5/23/17 4:38 pm

I feel a lot of restriction...and while I can eat a lot of different food, I can't eat some common ones. I still can't get through an egg - or any kind - boiled, scrambled, poached whatever...no eggs for me.

I can eat veggies and fruits and most cheese, but I can't eat any cold cuts...without a little discomfort...

I still do better with shredded meats in sauces and things like cauliflower mash...

I can still "FEEL" foods otherwise. I'm not complaining though..i kind of like the restriction!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

leeann73
on 5/24/17 7:06 am

I am jealous. I wish I could feel it more.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Mahalo F.
on 5/23/17 5:27 pm

Congratulations on surviving the weekend cottage get away.

I am 20 weeks out & often wonder about restriction....

If it is wet and smooth, I don't feel a thing...

Dense protein is still uncomfortable. Everything has to be really wet and I have to eat it really slow.

Drinking too much water too quickly has been by far my most difficult discomfort lately.

Struggling to get my (2) litre minimum daily.

Has anyone else been turned off by water?

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

skinny_gigi
on 5/24/17 5:32 pm

Meeeee! the days i get my water in are days where i sit and have nothing else to do...i had to take a mandatory training course and that was great because all i did was sit...and drink all the water...other times it's tough. i'm sitting her right now with a line up of water bottles i have to get through...

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Most Active