What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Smoka
on 5/15/17 1:23 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi crqvingchange,

Wow. So supportive! I really appreciate it. Dr. Weiner replied to a question I had asked him on youtube and suggested that I talk to my surgeon. Well...I don't have a surgeon or a surgery date yet. I'm just trying to shed a few pounds so that I am the best shape I can possibly be in for surgery. I want to feel and be healthy. I want my family to be the same (they are pretty healthy for the most part...it's me with the problem) Anyway, Dr. Weiner does not recommend following his plan until 4 months after the surgery because of the same issues you mentioned in your post. I just want a taste for how this is going to be and as I said, to try to be healthier. Of course there is always the risk that I may lose to much weight and then not be able to have the surgery...but I will figure that out when and if I get there. One day at a time. I'm feeling good and the kids just got home and they seem good too.

Thanks,

Barb

Patm
on 5/15/17 6:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Nice day out there. Hope to get out on my bike today. Did a little ride yesterday and found out how out of shape I have become. Some housework as well

Received a rose bush for Mother's day so a little gardening today

B greek yogurt, raspberries

l sliced turkey deli, pickle, source yogurt

s baby bel

d ribs, salad, cauliflower mash

d lots of tea

Jo0710
on 5/15/17 7:39 am

I work today till 5pm, then I have the championship game for volleyball. For the last 2 years my team has finished 2nd or 4rd. We would LOVE to win finally. Then if we win the first 2/3 sets or have lost the first 2/3 sets I'm leaving so I can go watch my son's first baseball game tonight. He made the competitive team and they play at 6pm (same time as volleyball). I was thinking about skipping volleyball but I missed so many due to surgery that I don't want to miss the last game! especially when I won't be playing until September/October again.

Food today:

B: Premier Protein

S: 5 skippy pb bites

L: homemade chilli

D: Homemade Chilli

S: Premier Protein

Cals: 629, protein 80, carbs 42

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

crqvingchange
on 5/15/17 1:13 pm

Sounds like a fun evening. I'd go for the volleyball ;).

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 5/15/17 10:25 am

Good afternoon, everyone.

Another sunny and bright day here in the north.

Yesterday was challenging for me so I'm glad I made it through. The whole week has been challenging, as in one week I had an Italian Wedding, surrounded by food, a 75th birthday, surrounded by food, dinner at my uncles (you know what I'm going to say here, lol), and then yesterday Mother's Day. I had some steak on the grill, mushrooms, and peas, and it was delicious. I was satisfied. But there were platters of fre****alian bread, a variety of dinner rolls, buns, and garlic bread right in front of me and bread has always been a weakness of mine. It put me in quite a bad mood, which is the first time that happened. I was feeling furious about the bread because I wanted it and knew I couldn't have it. There was also a pile of baked potatoes, sour cream, etc. Then dessert; pies, apple turnovers sparkling with thick sugar, ice cream, etc. I cleared off used plates etc., loaded the dishwasher, did some dishes, and told everyone to enjoy their evening. I had to get out of there. They were all mad I was leaving, but I felt like an alcoholic at a free bar. I had to get out of there. So I drove to Whitefish Island and went for a nice long walk and felt immediately better. I chatted with the geese, ducks, red winged black birds, chickadees, chipmunks, seagulls, squirrels, and beavers that were following me hoping for food (they accepted my apologies for forgetting, lol), and let the cold air wash my frustrations away. That was the first time I felt that way around food. I think it was just too much temptation in one week. It's not easy watching everyone else eat all of my old favorite foods. I didn't give in, and didn't want to give in, but I don't like being around that kind of food. I know I have to be sometimes but 4 times in one week was too much. It wasn't like there was just one dessert at each outing, there were loads of desserts of every kind. Plus breads and chips and dip, etc. All the things I overindulged in pre-surgery and that part of my brain still lusts after, I guess.

Did this ever happen to any of you? The anger part, that is? Am I losing my mind?

I plan on either swimming or bike riding today.

Breakfast: premier protein

Lunch: left over steak

Dinner: Chicken on the BBQ

Snack: strawberries with low cal coolwhip

Herbal tea with premier protein and water throughout the day.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Patm
on 5/15/17 11:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What you felt was very normal. I know for me I set myself up for this. Telling myself you can never have this or that. For some foods that are triggers I know I do have to stay away. Now that I am further out I let myself have the odd treat but then cut back to counter it.

When we constantly feel deprived it makes it harder to stay on the plan.

Going for a walk was a great idea. I am glad it made you feel better

Kathy1212
on 5/15/17 12:28 pm

Thank you. I was ok for the first 3 big meals but the last one did me in. I just felt like I needed to escape. I'm only 3 months out so not ready to start allowing myself breads or baked goods. I still feel I need to avoid those. When I'm one year out it will be different. Fresh white Italian bread is a big trigger for me.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Monica9811
on 5/15/17 2:55 pm - Peterborough, Canada

You did amazing. Good for you. The first year I avoided that crap. Like pat says further out you can have a treat. If there were dips I would bring 2 Melba toasts. Or go for protein choices like meatballs. It gets easier. Good for you for staying strong. This is a lifelong challenge for all of us!

crqvingchange
on 5/15/17 1:17 pm

Congratulations Kathy, you have found a strategy to deal with head hunger. We all get it and you did great. As the months go by and you are faced with temptation again (we all go through it and it never ends) you will development more strategies that are right for you. Great job.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

leeann73
on 5/15/17 4:11 pm

Kathy you did amazing g. What a great act of self love. What an inspiration

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active