What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 5/15/17 3:58 am

Good morning everyone. Looks like it's going to be nice today.

Hope we all survived the weekend without going off the rails. Today I'm swimming this morning and the rest of my exercise will be me running around like a chicken with its head cut off to try and get more done before I go away. I may need to fit in a yoga class to calm my mind.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Rivers of decaf with a Premier Protein used as creamer

Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, peppers and bacon

Hamburger with mushrooms, peppers and bacon (no bun)

Iced decaf protein coffee (Celebrate 20)

Have a great day everyone

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 5/15/17 4:26 am

RNY 8 years 1 month post op

Morning

Managed to put 4 pounds on in 4 days.... Figure 3.5 of it is salt and will be gone with a few days of clean eating. So, low calorie and Carb coming up and back on the proverbial horse,

CC, are you gone for long? Or does it depend on how he is managing? Tough to worry about loved ones from afar.

EATS

B 3.9 oz weighed of peameal bacon

L - 4.2 oz of peameal bacon

D - 2 cups of butter lettuce

Handful of heirloom tomatoes

2 TB of parmesan

3 TB of BolthouseFarms dressing

3 oz weighed of grilled chicken breast

S - source yogurt X 2 with squirt of light whip topping X2

1 sargento marble cheese snack with 4 low sodium triscuits

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are : Calories - 848, Carbs - 54 Grams, Protein - 85 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one

crqvingchange
on 5/15/17 1:01 pm

You ride that PH Birdie. I have no idea when I will be back so I booked a one way ticket. There was some improvement today which is great. I'm hopeful he'll be out of hospital when I arrive. If that happens, the doctor will make arrangements for a nurse until I get there.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

OrangeBlossom17
on 5/15/17 4:27 am, edited 5/15/17 5:31 am

Good Morning

I started this morning with a few sun salutations. I am trying to incorporate them into my morning routine and bedtime routine. It is amazing how much better I feel after 10 minutes of yoga. I joined Orange Theory Fitness so I will get a great workout there today.

Meals pre-op

B- premier protein chocolate shake

L- smoked salmon, low fat cream cheese with low carb bagel

D- grilled beef with chimichuri sauce

S- apple and almonds

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

crqvingchange
on 5/15/17 1:03 pm

I did some sun salutations as well this morning. I also think that helps to keep things moving (TMI).

Meggles07
on 5/15/17 4:39 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Today I will be sorting clothes to take on our trip. I need summer clothes -- they are forecasting average highs between 29-31 degrees each day. All my summer clothing is still packed away so I will see what I want to take. Thankfully for me it's just a vacation -- no work, meetings, conferences, or presentations, so I don't have to take any fancy clothes lol.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - bunless burger -- they are stuffed with cheese mmmm

Snack - egg, pickles

Dinner - burger and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Smoka
on 5/15/17 5:23 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi.

I've decided to join you. I really want to loose some weight before surgery (still don't know when that will be but I've started to get lots of appointments). My BMI is below 40, but I am being approved because I have two co-morbidities - sleep apnea and high cholesterol. I have to be careful (which I think is ridiculous) because if I loose too much weight I will not be eligible for the surgery. I was told this at the Orientation. This has been a struggle for me this year and I have in fact gained more weight I think because I was afraid I would not be accepted for surgery. It has left me feeling really bad about myself, always bloated, unable to move freely - in short, it has really messed me up. But...today is the day that I have decided that I do not need to live like this anymore. I have read the book "A Pound of Cure", by Matthew Weiner. I have viewed all of his videos and have even briefly been in contact with him from a youtube channel. I will be doing the Metabolic Reset Program for two weeks. He is a bariatric doctor and this the program he puts his patients on who do not qualify and choose not to have surgery. The effects are that your body responds in a similar way to having had the surgery, but it just takes much longer. I figured this was a good place for me to start. The program is heavy on the veggies but that works for me because my husband is vegetarian and we mostly eat this type of food anyway (my problem is that I eat too much of it...and also everything else!). So I think this will be a good fit for me for right now. Also, I feel that it will prepare me for pre-surgery optifast. My family (teenage boy and girl, and husband) have also decided to join me on this two week venture. They are so supportive and say that they are really looking forward to it. I am so blessed. Anyway after two weeks we gradually add back some foods, but the main idea is to stay away from processed food. Here is what my day looks like today:

Monday May 15, 2017

B- PB2 and Banana shake (hemp milk, PB2powder, banana), Strawberries

S - Apple, pistachios

L - Bean salad (green beans, mixed beans, gr. Peppers, onions, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic)

S - Apple, almond butter

D- Vegetarian Chili, Baked broccoli and cauliflower with curry, Salad with homemade nut dressing

Snack - Almonds

Patm
on 5/15/17 6:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome to the thread. Hope this diet works for you. After surgery you might find this a little low on protein. Do you put this into a menu program list MyFitnessPal? Most centre want you to have at least 60grams of protein.

Smoka
on 5/15/17 6:41 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi Patm. Thanks for the reply. I think there will be lots of protein...enough for now. I may need to tweak it later on. I do use myfitnesspal, but for the first 2 weeks, I am going to eat a portion size that fills me. There is no dairy, no pasta, rice, potatoes and of course nothing processed. Mostly veggies, fruit, protein, nuts/seeds.

Thanks,

Barb

crqvingchange
on 5/15/17 1:11 pm

Welcome Barbara, happy to have you join the thread. I have seen some of Dr. Weiner's videos and there was a lot that made sense. The usual minimum protein requirement after surgery is 60g per day. Part of that is to help with healing, and part is to help with maintaining muscle mass as you lose all that weight. In the beginning when we are approved for solids we usually stay away from raw veg for awhile. Guelph says 3 months without raw veg. I think Dr. Weiner goes through the post-op phases for eating, but your Centre will provide you with an eating plan.

You have got your head in the game and that's half the battle. It's wonderful that your family is so supportive. You've got this girl.

Most Active