TMi but need some help!

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 5/6/17 6:09 am

I am almost 12 weeks out and I have been having problems having a BM (TMI), it's been going on for 6 weeks! I am taking 2 stool softeners, benifiber, getting over 64oz of fluid, using bran fiber in my yogurt and doing the smooth move tea to try and make it happen but I won't go for at least 4-5 days but my stomach starts to hurt around day 3-4. If I don't take a laxative I won't have a BM! I'm scared to be relying on using a laxative to go all the time, there's got be a reason why this is happening. Also when u read the smooth move tea r u allowed to use one day because it says for only occasional relief? Please HELP! I go Wed to see the Dr at the bariatric clinic, but I already told them and they said stay on the stool softeners 2 a day but thats not working!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Meet Dr.Bohjani Jan.18,2017- 286lbs

Started optifast Jan.26,2017

Surgery date Feb,13,2017- 268lbs

LauraLeafFan
on 5/6/17 8:11 am

Angela,

If you are taking anything with codien in it that could be why you are having issues. I eat enough fiber so I am lucky I don't need stool softeners and I am on no pain killers. You can try restorolax once or TWH told hubby he can take it twice a day and it's safe. Also foods that used to go right through me pre op like salad and grapefruit I introduced to my system again that has helped me too.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Laura

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 5/6/17 8:30 am

Thanks Laura, I'm not taking any pain meds haven't since I got home from the hospital! I haven't started raw veggies yet cause they said not to till 3 months so I can start on the 13th of may can't wait to try them! I will get some restoralax today while I'm out to see if this helps! Can I take it every day though? Thanks again! Hope everything is good with u and the family!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

LauraLeafFan
on 5/6/17 10:13 am

Angela,

Yes you can take it every day and even twice a day...you add it to your coffee water or any fluid as it has no taste. You still keep taking your stool softner along with restorolax. Just make sure you are drinking enough water or fluid as well. If it gets painful to go a suppository is a safe thing as well.

TWH is different about raw veggies and fruit...once we tolerate cooked we can move on...so I did and so happy salad and my pouch are friends lol

Family and I are great thanks...our new house is coming along great as well.

Hope you are also doing well along with your family.

Laura

Simplyb
on 5/6/17 8:17 am
RNY on 04/12/17

At Humber, they swear by Milk of Magnesia. I take 15 ml before bed when it has been 2 or 3 days.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 5/6/17 8:31 am

Thanks so much I will give anything a try at this point! It's safe to take every couple of days?

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Simplyb
on 5/6/17 10:23 am
RNY on 04/12/17

Yes it is but it does move water into the colon to produce the bowel movement so do not use if dehydrated.

your pharmacist and Dr should both review your meds and bowel habits to make sure everything is okay, for example iron and calcium carbonate are really constipating as can be some foods.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Cinderz
on 5/6/17 9:07 am

I'm 22 weeks out from being sleeved and still use 4 senecot and Restoralax every day. My dr said these are safe to use long term, and here is tmi for you....usually every other week I have to do an enema because despite taking stuff daily I get so backed up its unbearable.

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 5/6/17 10:59 am

Thanks so much! I will try anything! I went and got MOM and restoralax! I'm trying one thing at a time!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/17 10:38 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'd stop the benefibre as I was drinking about 4 litres per day and using it and it made things worse. I ended up having to go to emerg and the doc said to take MOM 1 tbsp every hour until I went and then to stop using the benefibre and I've no issues since. Benefibre needs a lot of water to make it work properly and even at 4 litres per day it was still constipating me. If you get too sore I'd see if you could get into a walk in and see if they'd give you some lactulose. I had to use it once when I had a bowel obstruction issue so they didn't want me getting constipated in case the obstruction happened again and that stuff will make anyone go. LOL If you can take laxatives until you see the doc maybe discuss with them but if the pain is too bad over the weekend definitely don't wait it out.

Most Active