Got My Surgery Date!!!

eLoon77
on 5/7/17 7:45 am, edited 5/7/17 12:50 am
RNY on 09/22/17

Thanks Manda32 and congrats on your new sleeve!!! How exciting for you! Hope you're feeling great!

I was actually surprised when the surgical fellow we met recommended I get the sleeve over the bypass because bypass is the one they say you're likely to get and all the prep supports that outcome rather heavily. She suggested I do the sleeve for medical reasons as well after going over my history and felt it could be a great option for me but said to do my own homework (as you also suggest and I'm diligently doing) and make my own informed decision. It's a big one!! She assured me that if I wanted bypass that I could have it.

She also booked me for an endoscopy before surgery to see if I'm a good candidate and make sure it's a good option for me. I do have a bit of acid reflux occasionally so I'm pretty paranoid about increasing my risk for GERD. That does not sound fun and seems to be much more of a likelyhood with the sleeve. I guess the results of that test will play a big role in my final decision.

Thank you for the offer to get in touch! I'm sure I will have lots of questions for you and be very interested in how you're making out. Feel free to reach out to me too, even just for support! Wish you continued success with your new sleeve!!

Feb 17/16 - orientation TWH | March 3/16 - nurse | Nov 22/16 - Phone call f/u re-entry | Oct 18/16 - nurse | Nov 29/16 - nut class | Feb 16/17 - social worker | March 7/17 - nut apt | March 22/17 - psych apt | March 30/17 - team approved | May 5/17 - surgeon apt | June 8/17 - endoscopy | Sept 22/17 SURGERY RNY @TWH

Most Active