What are you eating/doing Thursday?

Ginnny
on 5/4/17 3:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning Ontario posters.....

Well the Dr is sending me for an abdominal ultrasound and x-ray, we'll see if something is going on in there. I'm feeling better today so maybe I just over reacted. But when you have no problems for over a year and all of a sudden there's pain, it makes you wonder. Better safe than sorry I guess. Ultrasound is tomorrow, so should know more next week.

Anyway, I did push myself to go out for a shorter run yesterday at lunch, our final 5 k is coming up on May 18th, I can't lose all the work I've done to get here so I keep on pushing on. I did cancel my session with the trainer last night but will rebook for next week I continue to feel better.

Eats today:

B - 1 egg, 1/8 cup egg white, slice of cheese

S - deli turkey with mustard

L - taco salad (finally)

S - cucumber/tomato/feta salad (finally)

D - chicken breast with small Caesar salad

Total Cal 980, carbs, 27, protein 98

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 5/4/17 3:58 am

Good morning everyone. Looks like it's going to be dreary out there today. A family member of mine is sick so I will be running around trying to get lots of things done then flying down to see them in 2 weeks. Not sure how long I'll be gone, so I need to get things sorted here first. Thankfully all that paperwork is finally done.

Today I'm going swimming and then running around doing errands and banking and get the car done (that didn't) happen yesterday.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla added as sweetener/creamer

Salad with Bolthouse dressing, and turkey with gravy

Salad with Bolthouse dressing, more turkey with gravy

Hardboiled egg

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 5/4/17 4:54 am

Mmmmmmm. Turkey

Sorry to read of your family member. It's tough.

crqvingchange
on 5/4/17 4:01 am

Like you said, "better safe than sorry". I love your determination. You have come so far in this year.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 5/4/17 5:03 am

RNY 8 years 1 month post op

Morning

Ginnny you're smart to check on any unusual persistent pain. Please stop running if you are in pain. A few days of rest won't set you back. Balance!

Taking a family member to the docs today. Rarely a week goes by that I'm not taking someone, somewhere. After, I intend to come home and be a slug.

EATS

B - 2 oz of Canadian bacon

L - 2 oz of Canadian bacon and I egg over easy. ( this should finish the package of bacon)

D - 4 oz of meatloaf with 1 oz of habanero melted on top

Half cup of green beans or asparagus

S - source yogurt X 2 with a squirt of light whip topping X2

Sargento marble cheese snack with 4 low sodium triscuits

Half of a pure protein bar

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are : Calories - 935, Carbs - 49 Grams, Protein - 85 Grams

This menu is really working for me. Keeping satisfied and losing a bit every few days

All water and vits

Have a great one

Meggles07
on 5/4/17 6:00 am - Canada

Good morning :)

The scale is being annoying this week. I had been down a couple pounds, but after our weekend away I'm back up. I've cut my carbs down, so I will keep going with that.

Today we are going to a mini tech conference thing and tour of the Google building. I also need go get some groceries. Just a few things as we are still working on cleaning out our freezer.

Breakfast - yogurt, fibre one

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - chili, chicken

Snack - pepperette, pickles

Dinner - soup, chicken

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Linda M.
on 5/4/17 6:09 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning everyone,

Ginny, I'm glad you are getting the problem looked into and hope for good results. CC - I'm sorry about your family member becoming ill and also wish him/her a quick recovery.

Back to work today. Went to TWH and all was good. They were surprised that I ended up having two surgeries, but the N.P. said my incisions were well healed and when I shared my hemoglobin results, said I'm back in the normal range. My iron is still way high, but it is coming down. The nutritional class was interesting although I was surprised that some were eating food such as perogies, and eating up to 1 cup per meal. I'm still at the 1/2 cup per meal feeling satisfied and not overly full. I guess we're all different.

B - Premier Protein

S - Skyr and applesauce

L - Cottage cheese

S - Cheese string

D - 1/2 turkey patty, slice of tomato, 1/2 tsp. parmesan and 1 tsp. low fat mayo

Calories: 539, Protein: 75, Carbs: 24. All water and vitamins.

* I appreciate your feedback, advice and encouragement on this thread. Thank you.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Monica9811
on 5/4/17 8:12 am - Peterborough, Canada

Great menu!

Perogies? Seriously? Some things never cease to amaze me. Stick with what you are doing and eating.

Linda M.
on 5/4/17 8:53 am - Orillia, Canada

Thanks Monica. I will. I know we aren't meant to judge - and I seriously try not to. But sometimes I react physically - either with a shocked look on my face or almost jumping out of my chair shouting "Noooooooooo" when I hear some speak (or write) about their menu or opinions about the surgery. I consider this a huge chance for me to lose weight and get healthy and I know it costs our healthcare system - taxpayers - thousands of dollars for this privilege. This just confirms to me that I will be successful because I am following the plan. I will make some mistakes, I'm sure, but this is the honeymoon stage and I'm taking advantage of it. Life is good!

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

birdiegirl
on 5/4/17 9:22 am

Being frightened you might screw up and also thankful for the opportunity to have surgery is a great attitude. I wish more people felt this way.

Most Active