What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 5/1/17 12:27 pm

Your chili sounds good Linda. I ate a lot of refried beans with melted cheese and strained salsa on top when I was in the pureed stage. Didn't take much to make me feel satisfied.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 5/1/17 9:04 am

Good afternoon, lol. I'm never here early enough.

It's dreary and pouring rain here in the Sault, too.

I have a Dr.'s appt. this afternoon; then I'm going to go for my swim. I'm hoping the doctor will adjust my water pills or figure out why I've been getting dizzy.

Breakfast: 1 slice whole grain WW bread with 1 tbsp organic peanut butter, herbal tea with premier protein shake as whitener.

Lunch: Chocolate premier protein shake, more tea with premier protein shake as whitener..

Supper: Shrimp and green beans.

Snack: apple slices and babybel cheese. Haven't tried apple yet :-). More herbal tea with pp.

Calories: 520, Carbs: 31, Protein: 70, Fiber: 9, Sugar: 10

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 5/1/17 12:30 pm

Make sure that you are getting in all of your fluids Kathy. I had a bad fall when I passed out at 6 months post-op and they thought it was low blood pressure due to dehydration.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 5/1/17 4:05 pm, edited 5/1/17 9:06 am

Thanks, CC. I'm sorry you passed out; that must have been so awful.

I almost always get my fluids in. I've only messed up a few times since surgery. My blood pressure is actually still a bit high and the doctor things when I exert myself too much with exercise, it's going up a bit more. I told him I was concerned it was my water pill as that made me dizzy before at higher doses, and I thought maybe losing so much weight meant I need a lower dose. He agreed, so he's lowering that one, but prescribing something else for my blood pressure (my water pill wasn't for blood pressure but for water retention).

I have to monitor my blood pressure at home now too :-(.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

birdiegirl
on 5/1/17 11:24 am

RNY 8 Years 1 Month Post Op

Afternoon

Waited until now so I knew what I was eating out at lunch. Torrential rain so I am glad to be home and cosy

EATS

B - Premier protein shake

L - 2 eggs with 2 slices of Canadian bacon

D - 2 cups of butter lettuce - tomatoes - 2 TB of parm and 2 TB of Bolthouse

Zoodles with 6 lean meatballs and 2 TB of Arrabiata sauce - 2 TB of parm on top

S - 2 Source yogurt with squirts of light whip topping

1 Sargento cheese snack with 4 low sodium triscuits

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: Calories - 1,152, Carbs - 50 Grams, Protein - 120 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one

crqvingchange
on 5/1/17 12:35 pm

OK Birdie, you win. I officially have cravings for breakfast for dinner now. The rest of your menu looks good too. Love your protein numbers.

Costco was crazy. They did however have Greek yogurt, plus a different plain yogurt with chia seeds for samples. I put some coconut pineapple water enhancer in the plain yogurt and I was a happy camper. That will make up for me not having my SKYR with chia today.

birdiegirl
on 5/1/17 12:46 pm

Well I have to thank you for telling me about Bolthouse dressings!! Just had a salad made with butter lettuce ( which I prefer) and their creamy ceasar. I ground lots of fresh pepper on top and some zerto parmesan. Fabulous. I would serve to company instead of the high calorie dressing I used to use.

crqvingchange
on 5/1/17 12:57 pm

Good to know. I've never tried their Caesar, only the cilantro/avocado, but I will give that one a try.

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/17 1:01 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

What store are you finding Bolthouse in? I used to buy it now and then at our Loblaws owned store and haven't seen it anywhere in months now.

birdiegirl
on 5/1/17 1:06 pm

Longos, which is a local chain.

Sobeys might carry it. It's seriously delicious. I normally despise diet dressing but it's wonderful.

Most Active