What changes did you make immediately following orientation?

White Dove
on 4/30/17 2:35 pm - Warren, OH

My brother's ex-wife was trying to get him back. After she was with him a few times, she got pee from her pregnant friend and used it to fake a pregnancy test that she then showed him.

Was she ever shocked to learn that he had had a vasectomy and it had been confirmed that he could not get someone pregnant.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Beachgirl77
on 4/30/17 6:04 am

I had my orientation mid February. I immediately started making some changes. And I'm glad I did ! because I just did my Social worker and dietitian appointments and they really asked about the changes that I had made to prepare for surgery . I did cut out pop, switched to decafe coffee and cut back on sugars . I started planning my meals with having a protein , starch/grain and veg/fruit. I bought a scale and started weighing portion sizes and starting tracking what I eat each day etc. I figured I better start making the changes so it won't be such a shock later .

Mahalo F.
on 4/30/17 3:12 pm, edited 4/30/17 8:13 am

Hello & welcome

I did not implement changes right after my orientation. I started making changes just after I had my first appointment with the nurse practitioner.

That was (5) months before my actual surgery.

I started with littles things.

Eliminating junk, eliminating carbonated beverages, I started drinking at least (2) litres of water daily. I am not a big drinker, so giving up alcohol was easy.I must say that I stopped the anti inflammatories soon after the appointment with the nurse. but briefly started taking the NSAIDS (Advil) because I had ankle/tendons repaired back in November 11th. Stopped them one month before my RNY.

I noticed someone mention the waiting to drink 30 minutes before & 30 minutes after.

Actually... You can drink right up until you eat. Fluid just flows out of your pouch. You can not eat & drink at the same time. It is important to wait 30 minutes after you eat. Then you can resume drinking. So drink up to noon, eat & then wait 30 minutes before you drink.

I didn't become rigid in my nutrician until after the had the dietician class. They send you home and encourage you to implement changes. Then you return to meet with dietician. They like to see that you have made the necessary changes. Then and only then do the get the green light to progress to the next stage. Our weight manage clinic can & will put a hold on your progress throughout this journey if they don't believe you are not making the necessary changes.

Please try to quit the smoking... You will do better post operatively...

NB I really miss my Coke Zero

Hope this helps

Good luck

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Lucile777
on 4/30/17 5:25 pm

What was your timeline? I am so anxious about getting the ball rolling. God. Did you gain weight while waiting for surgery? I LOVE COke Zero as well. I have to go bid it farewell soon:(

Most Active