Private rooms in Ottawa?

cheeka
on 4/26/17 5:47 pm

Is it possible to get a private room in Ottawa?

GP Referral: Nov. 2016 | Orientation, Intake assessment: Jan. 2017 | Nutrition class: Feb. 2017 | Dietitian approval: March 2017 | May 2017: Meet the surgeon! | Surgery: June 2017! | POST-OP!! | Optifast: -18 lbs | HW: 251 lbs | CW: 204.6 lbs | GW: 140 lbs | Woo-free zone

Mahalo F.
on 4/26/17 6:16 pm

Hi

It is almost impossible to get a private room at the Ottawa Civic Hospital.

The Bariatric Unit shares their unit with Trauma.

There are at least 3 semi private rooms.

Half of the unit is trauma & half Bariatric.

The unit is beautiful. You generally share with a fellow Gastric Bypass or Surgical Sleeve roomie.

The trauma unit is filled with a lot of critically injured patients, elderly noisy patients & patients that are on precautions.

I have private coverage and have never been successful in getting a private room.

The Bariatric beds are specifically designed to keep you very comfortable.

There may a chance you get into a private, but I would say that is slim to none.

BUT you never know!

Hope this helps!

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

cheeka
on 4/26/17 6:30 pm

That's great, thanks! My friend had told me the same thing, but I wasn't sure whether she had requested a private room. I won't get my hopes up!

GP Referral: Nov. 2016 | Orientation, Intake assessment: Jan. 2017 | Nutrition class: Feb. 2017 | Dietitian approval: March 2017 | May 2017: Meet the surgeon! | Surgery: June 2017! | POST-OP!! | Optifast: -18 lbs | HW: 251 lbs | CW: 204.6 lbs | GW: 140 lbs | Woo-free zone

Wayne H.
on 4/27/17 8:29 am, edited 4/27/17 1:30 am
RNY on 02/08/17

I can echo Mahalo's comment. I pay for Private Room Coverage, but still ended up in a Semi-private Room. If anything, it was nice to meet a fellow RNY'r who I still see on out followup Appointments. If one is available for you at the time you are moved upstairs from Recovery, then you could end up with one. If not, don't fret.

The Beds are Air Beds which constantly adjust the AIR where needed throughout the night. I want one at home so badly now. The best comfort I've had in a Hospital to date. To bad the Noise, Talking, Chirps, Burps, Alarms etc kept me up most of the night. Netflix on my Cell was perfect for that :-)

Most Active