Six week post op appointment

Manda32
on 4/27/17 9:51 am

Thanks Kathy!

I too am still drinking one protein shake a day to get get my protein in as well. THink I'll be using it until I can eat more.

May I ask since your 12 weeks out how much your able to eat now, and what your calories are averaging now?

Seems to vary slightly amoung centers.

Thanks

Amanda

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Kathy1212
on 4/27/17 11:46 am

I've only been on "foods for life" for a few weeks so I'm still learning what I can have. My calories seem to fall in the 500-600 range, although some days I've gone as low as 350 (and still got my protein in), and once went as high as 750 (high calorie deli pepperettes and cheese were to blame there, lol).

I can eat about half a cup of food; sometimes 3/4 cups, depending on the food. I go more by weight now, with meats. I can eat 2 ounces of chicken/turkey/ham/steak, but can manage 3 ounces of shrimp for some reason. Maybe it's less dense. Shrimp is my favorite protein at the moment, lol.

I've only tried green beans, peas, mixed frozen veggies, and turnips so far, veggie wise, and have tolerated them all well.

For fruits, I've only tried strawberries and mangos so far. Strawberries are fine but the mango made me feel nauseated and sat like a rock, and I didn't eat much of it. I think I will probably stick to berries for awhile.

I'm trying to get at least one serving of berries and one serving of veggies a day, but eventually will up that to two servings of veggies a day. I met with the dietician today and she said I'm doing great but not eating enough carbs, fruits, or veggies. I've already lost 45% of my excess weight and she said normally she would expect to see that at the 6 month post op meeting, not the 3, so I was pretty happy to hear that.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Manda32
on 4/28/17 1:06 pm

Sounds like your doing a great job Kathy trying to get everything in. Congrats on the 45% excess lost weight! That is awesome! I'd be pretty happy with that.

I know you had a lot of difficulties in the beginning, must be so nice to eat these last few weeks. I've been enjoying being able to chew food these last two weeks. Definitely keeps me fuller longer, which is nice. And just being able to eat some things has been nice. Getting sick of just fluids for sure. I bet you were too, since you had to do it longer.

Keep up the great work. Thanks for the insight.

Amanda

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active