Shopping in the States - What I Bought

Meggles07
on 4/21/17 6:33 am - Canada

As mentioned in the menu thread, here is what I bought yesterday when I went shopping in the states. I'm about 2 hours from Niagara Falls so I prefer to stock up a bit. I usually go to at least these three stores to get all the flavours and varieties that I like.

**After writing out what I bought I do tend to go a bit nuts -- some things I feel are too carby and definitely would not have eaten them in my first year post-op.

Walmart:

Sliced turkey pepperoni (pizza style)
Turkey pepperoni bites
Turkey pepperoni sticks
Great Value Greek Yogurt (90 calories)
Light n' Fit Greek Yogurt (80 calories)
Yoplait Greek Yogurt (100 calories)
Oikos Triple Greek Yogurt
SF pudding in chocolate-vanilla swirl (fridge section)
HF smoked turkey sausage (fridge section)
Bacon jerky
Turkey cheddar hot dogs (fridge section)
Arnold's thins - everything and honey wheat flavour (100 calories each)
Mio water enhancer - orange vanilla, orange tangerine
Crystal Light - orange
Hawaiian Tropic - orange, fruit punch
Hershey's SF chocolate syrup
String cheese - low fat mozzarella
NSA apple pie filling
NSA gerkins and bread and butter chips (we can get these here online)
SF Alpine apple cider
SF Reese's peanut butter cups (bad meggles!!)
SF Voortman wafers - cookies and cream (bad meggles x2!!)
Salted caramel peanuts
Nut-rition Women's Health mix (trying something new)
Apple cinnamon rice cakes (trying something new)

Wegmans

Light n' Fit Greek yogurt (a few different flavours)
Oikos zero Greek yogurt (banana mmmmm)
Ocean Spray reduced sugar cranberries
Weigh****chers dark chocolates
Mio water enhancer - orchard apple
SF lemon pudding mix (for my mom )
Detour smart bar (trying something new)

Tops Market

Light n' Fit Greek yogurt (because no one else had Boston Cream or Chocolate Raspberry)
Jello SF rice pudding (slightly better stats than the ones at home)
SF Chocolate Fudge pudding mix
Hershey's SF chocolate chips
SF cinnamon candies (bulk section - trying something new)

Meg~

crqvingchange
on 4/21/17 7:43 pm

Everything on your list is something that I would buy. I bought the Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds and the Honey Cinnamon Almonds. Surprisingly low in carbs, but hard to stick to a serving they are so good.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 4/21/17 7:54 pm - Canada

I'm glad to hear that!! I don't feel like I'm off track do much with what I eat, but with how often I eat. I'm an afternoon/evening snacker!!

I was surprised about the sugar in the Blue Diamond nuts as well. I try to stick with what the dietitian gave me -- under 5% for fat (except nuts and some meat products), and under 8% carbs. Also, I've heard some people say under 10g of sugar. If it has sugar alcohols I generally try to stay under 5g or I will have tummy troubles.

wrkinprogress
on 3/29/19 1:58 pm

Thank you Thank you!

Those are all great ideas and luckily i'm not a big cookie or sweet person so I'll skip the cookies lol

I am not sure if there are Wegman's and Tops in Michigan ,,,, Usually I hit Walmart and Meijer and sometimes a Big K (kmart) if they are even still in business.

Meggles07
on 3/29/19 2:22 pm - Canada

Does Michigan have Kroger? Since I made that list I've gone to other stores in North Carolina, Georgia, and Michigan so I can't remember what is where lol. I get the store points cards so I get the discounts as well.

wrkinprogress
on 4/2/19 6:49 am

Yes there are Krogers in Michigan. I'm sure many of those grocery stores carry similar items. I'm always overwhelmed by all of the choices!

Most Active