Day 3 post surgery

Buffymom
on 4/15/17 11:15 am, edited 4/15/17 11:21 am

finally got to have a shower today. Felt amazing. Lol

went and did groceries with my hubby and then a trip to Costco with my mom

no pain meds today. Sleeping fine at night. Been able to get in 60 grams of protein in each day and keeping up with fluids as well.

Have to do fragmin injections once a day for two weeks ( previous DVT).

Still no bm, will go and pick up some milk of magnesia to help.

Meet the surgeon March 2nd, 2017 (Dr. Kolozsvari - Ottawa)

Start Optifast: March 22, 2017

Surgery date: April 12, 2017 (Dr. Kolozsvari)

The Ottawa Hospital

HW: 310

SW (Optifast): 304

Surgery weight: 294

Simplyb
on 4/15/17 3:06 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

How ambitious, you sound like you are doing great. The first shower is a dream, I agree!

i started milk of magnesia 15 ml every 8 hours yesterday, finally passing gas so pain is abating.

What protein are you taking? I am doing the Costco premier shakes, and still staying with jello, broth and pudding. I have tried some unsweetened purée and warm tea but the pouch certainly did not like either.

I certainly feel funny drinking from a shot glass to moderate my portions but it is a tolerable and safe amount.

My largest challenge has been separating vit d, calicium, vit c, iron, multi vit, vit b12 and milk of magnesia - I feel like a walking pharmacy but am sure in the end this too will all become normal as another person posted.

considering we are the same post op stage I feel a little behind you, but will attribute that to the lateness of my surgery even though it was the same day

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Buffymom
on 4/15/17 4:05 pm

I am using the premier protein shakes from costco. I bought chocolate last week and it's good, not too sweet but I bought a case of the vanilla today.

I bought the celebrate vitamins, it has everything in it, except for the iron, but I was told not to worry about iron at this point.

I wouldnt worry about feeling behind. As I've been told on here numerous times, we all lose weight and heal differently. Slow aND steady wins the race

Meet the surgeon March 2nd, 2017 (Dr. Kolozsvari - Ottawa)

Start Optifast: March 22, 2017

Surgery date: April 12, 2017 (Dr. Kolozsvari)

The Ottawa Hospital

HW: 310

SW (Optifast): 304

Surgery weight: 294

Linda M.
on 4/15/17 4:42 pm - Orillia, Canada

You sound like you are doing extremely well. Know that you will still get very tired and have some days better than others. I'm so happy that you're recuperating so quickly.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

MonaLisaSmile
on 4/15/17 4:49 pm - Canada

That first shower was HEAVEN !!!!

UNLIKE COSTCO TODAY...what a madhouse !!!!!

Get on that BM situation. I had my first on day 5..they told me that was quite normal but I had terrible issues with constipation for the first 6mths or so. HORRIBLE and TERRIFYING actually!!!

Took me every product under the sun...much trial and error to figure out a system that works for me.

Sounds like you are doing well

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Manda32
on 4/17/17 12:48 am

Yes, having a shower was amazing when I got home from the hospital! lol

Your very ambitious, with all the activity, especially at day 3. I'm 4 weeks post op and shopping trips still drain me.

I relate to you having to do those fragmin injections. I had to do it from 3 weeks.

Never had a clot, but my wonderful genetics, I have a pro thrombin gene mutation, so my blood is a bit thicker than normal. I'm still bruised quite a bit from where I injected myself. It will be over before you know it. Just stay away from the belly button area, is my only advice, seems like there is more resitance/pain in that area. It's actually my brother's advice...he was on blood thinners years ago and advised me not to inject myself around the belly button. SO I took his advice, for the most part the injections were okay, a couple times I didn't go that deep and gave myself a 'water' blister.

Good luck with your recovery, sounds like things are going well.

Take care.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active