So...I think my nurse is kind of incompetent!

Smoka
on 4/13/17 6:50 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

So...I think my nurse is kind of incompetent! Here's what happened. When I went to see her for my appointment last week, she assured me that she was going to book my other appointments for me. I had an ECG this morning. When I got there at 8 they told me that they didn't start taking patients until 9. (I had to be at work at 10). Then they asked me for my requisition form. I told them I didn't have one and that the nurse had told me just to show up. So, I went down the hall to the bariatric center and they filled out the requisition form for me. Then I went to get my blood work done, and they told me I needed a requisition form and of course I didn't have one so again I went to the bariatric center to get that as well. Then I thought, I'd better take a look at the form, and they had my old family doctor's name on it. ( I had told the nurse when I met her, that I had new doctor and I even gave her my doctor's card so that she could fill in the information). So I went back down to the bariatric center and got all the forms figured out with the correct information on them and delivered them to all the people who needed them. Whew! Hard work! And of course I was running around because I was in a hurry to get back to work. All I can say is that I'm glad my assigned nurse is not doing my surgery!!

oneatatime
on 4/13/17 9:14 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Eeek! Sounds like a lot of extra running around that could have been easily avoided.

What hospital?

Smoka
on 4/14/17 5:48 am
RNY on 09/12/17

St. Joe's Hamilton

Leslie W.
on 4/14/17 7:31 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Always best to give any changing to the Secretary and not staff i.e. nurse. This way it ensure the info gets to the right people and chart.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
leeann73
on 4/14/17 4:47 am

Yikes. Good thing you took control

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

MonaLisaSmile
on 4/14/17 6:29 am - Canada

Maybe she was new....let's hope !!!!!

On the bright side of things....it's good practice for you to get used to advocating for yourself. Once they let you out if the hospital....you kinda feel on your own scratching around trying to figure things out. You are a problem solver....that will definately come in handy !!!!

Enjoy this beautiful day Barb.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

lexxiblue
on 4/17/17 9:20 am
RNY on 01/11/12

good ole st joe's.. sheesh!!!

Most Active