What Comes Next

ronshoneygirl23
on 4/2/17 9:17 am

Hi Everyone, had my Orientation on March 9th in Guelph.

90 min Nursing Assessment- March 16th

Dietician and Social Worker- March 29th

Next apps booked

• Dietician & Nurse - April 25th
  • Social Worker- May 2nd
  • So what happens after these appointments are completed?

Christy

fromfattohealthy
on 4/3/17 6:17 am - Canada

Its great that you have all of your upcoming appointments.

Basically you need to have the approval of Social Worker, Dietitian, and Doctor to move on to the final stages.

You may require follow-up appointments by either of those professionals if they deem is necessary.

My timeline looked like this:

Orientation (Windsor) - November 16, 2016

Nurse Consult - December 30, 2016

Social Worker + Doctor Appointment (APPROVED!) January 26, 2017

Nutrition Class February 7, 2017

Social Work Follow-Up + Dietitian - March 6, 2017 - APPROVED!

Surgical Education - March 20, 2017

Surgeon Appointment - April 12, 2017 - I am waiting for this appointment to get my surgery date :)

good luck and stay plugged in :)

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

ronshoneygirl23
on 4/3/17 6:44 am

Thanks so much. I am so excited and the Social Worker and Dietician said I was doing amazing. The Dietician took copies of my food journal and said I was doing exactly what they recommend and that she has no concerns at all. The Social worker said I was well prepared and just questioned one of my meds after surgery because she thought it was slow release. I dropped by my Physician and he confirmed what I am on is not the slow release kind and should pass no problem.

The nursing visit went really well as well. I am H piloric positive and am half way through antibiotics. I have to have a nuclear breathe test and my sleep study. I had one three years ago but they won't accept that one.

I have all my blood tests completed and this week my Dentist is putting in my bridge they recommended. The sleep clinic is calling me this week for an appointment and they will ru**** since I am having gastric bypass.

I feel pretty confident that I am well on my way. Thanks for the great feedback. Take care. ?

Christy

Most Active