What are you eating/doing today? (Saturday)

crqvingchange
on 4/1/17 6:14 am

Good morning lovely menu peeps. This morning we have someone coming to measure and plan a storage area. It will be good to get things organized. After that my wonderful DH has invited some guests over, there goes my Saturday, lol.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla shake used as a creamer sweetener

Salad with Bolthouse Avocado/Cilantro Dressing and chicken on top

Strips of beef tenderloin with 3 jumbo shrimp, then a poached egg on that and all topped off with an Oscar sauce (craving ball is in your court now Birdie)

Protein pudding with all the fixin's

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 4/1/17 6:52 am - Peterborough, Canada

Your dinner sounds yummy. I've got a steak out but I think I will add garlic shrimp to it as well with a Greek salad. My bf loves salads over potatoes which is strange for a man! I'm meeting a gf for breakfast so will have a poached egg with half an English muffin with pb on it and some fruit. Lunch is up in air though. I have to go shopping for a dress that I need for the convention I'm going to in Antigua in 3 weeks. I hate dress shopping but the trip is free so I can't complain!!

have a great weekend!

crqvingchange
on 4/1/17 8:52 am

Monica your dinner sounds wonderful. Since WLS, I think I eat better quality food. My DH says it's better to have a nice small piece of tenderloin, than a large tough round steak.

I am so jealous of your trip to Antigua.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 4/1/17 11:42 am

RNY 8 years Post Op today!

CC, You had me at beef tenderloin and shrimp.

I had wonderful tenderloin last night with grilled mixed veggies, portobello, onions, zucchini and peppers. Had the leftovers for breakfast.

Today's Eats

B - tenderloin and veg

S - pure protein bar on the golf course. Hot, Hot, Hot.

S - 1 draft and 2 handfuls of chips post golf

D - Cheeseburger no bun with condiments

2 or 3 onion rings

Small yogurt with pills before bed

ALL Water and vits plus G2

Have a great one

crqvingchange
on 4/1/17 1:46 pm

Your dinner last night and the leftovers for breakfast sound wonderful. You know I would have the breakfast with some scrambled eggs.

Just since this morning the mini irises have grown a few inches and actually a few have bloomed. Finally seeing colour in the garden makes me happy.

Caff
on 4/1/17 8:25 pm

NOTE: I am Pre-Op

Breakfast: one slice whole grain toast, 2 slices turkey deli meat, 1 slice marble cheese, mustard

Lunch: One cup of Heinz beans, 1 low fat beef weiner.

Dinner: 1/2 cup of tuna with relish and 1 tbsp light mayo, baked on a slice of whole wheat, 1 slice low fat cheese.

Snacks: green apple slices with pb, 2 tbsp light hummus with 7 Kashi Go Lean pita crisps.

I'm trying to learn how to prepare protein-rich meals and snacks, but part of me wonders if I should be powering in all the vitamins and minerals I can before surgery.

crqvingchange
on 4/1/17 8:44 pm

Hey Caff. I think that trying to get your protein up before surgery will help with healing after. Are you currently taking a multivitamin? I remember that you recently started a new medication that took a while to be properly titrated. Were you given any guidance from the nutritionist on what to eat with this medication? My only suggestion is that the Heinz beans are pretty high in carbs for 1 cup. I think they also add sugar to the sauce. Maybe instead of the beans try a salad loaded with nutrient rich veggies (spinach, red peppers, avocado, tomato, and grilled asparagus). It will help fill you up and if you use a low cal dressing it shouldn't trigger any cravings. You are doing great and I can see from your menu that you are really making some healthy changes. You've got this.

Most Active