Surgery site!!

fromfattohealthy
on 3/20/17 1:26 pm - Canada

I was given my surgery site today - it will be at Michael Garron Hospital in Toronto. (Formerly known as Toronto East) my surgeon was assigned as he was the surgeon who placed my band so they would like to send me back to him (Dr. Cyriac). I was told that people are getting surgeon appointments and surgery dates rather quickly - which I am definitely ready for!

Anyone have experience at this hospital? Anything I should know?

To be honest I do not remember a single thing about Dr. Cyriac as I met him for a good 3 seconds before being put to sleep. What has anyone's experience been with him?

Thanks!

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

LeslieCL
on 3/20/17 5:32 pm

I was born there! It's a nice hospital but old, smack dab in the middle of a busy neighbourhood of schools and municipal buildings. It has very very little parking. I've always had good care there and never met a crabby person who works there. The locals refuse to call it Michael Garron and my Dr. won't either. It will always be dear old East General to us! I'm sure you will be well taken care of there.

fromfattohealthy
on 3/20/17 5:50 pm - Canada

Thanks for the reply :)

I am coming from London, so not very far. I think I will have my parents drop me off and come back for me. I have a two year old that will be staying with them, so it might just be easier to be at the hospital alone.

Simplyb
on 3/21/17 8:05 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

Probably a good idea, McDonald's play place at Victoria park and St Clair, just a few minutes away. Small mall at Pharmacy and Eglinton that they can escape too.

Dr Cyriac is great, no worries - Toronto East General is a lovely community based hospital with warmth and compassion, I hope you are treated well.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

leeann73
on 3/21/17 3:23 am

step by step you are getting closer .... how exciting!

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active