Dietitian and social worker appt

Sourieverte
on 3/13/17 8:49 pm

I'm starting to lose faith in this process, for the third time my appt got cancelled. I know someone that was on the same orientation and she is done all those appt and on the nutrition class. And here I am still waiting to get to the dietitian and social worker. I this rate I might never see the end.

Linda M.
on 3/14/17 5:52 am - Orillia, Canada

How disappointing. Did you call the clinic at your hospital to discuss this? They are usually pretty good at listening to your concerns and addressing them as they are able. I would be polite, but firm that three cancellations - all to you (there may be others), is impacting your positive views of the process and that you are getting disheartened. Ask how your rescheduled appointments can be a priority for them and, if you have flexibility in your schedule, ask for cancellations. I asked for my last appointment to be moved up if they could and attended a month earlier.

Don't lose heart. This is a very good process but I have found that you need to be your own best advocate and keep on top of things. They are dealing with a lot of patients and sometimes glitches occur.

You WILL see the end.

All the best,

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active