What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

crqvingchange
on 3/10/17 3:59 am

Happy Friday menu peeps. This morning I'm going swimming, then more paperwork, chores, and then coffee with a friend. Tonight DH and I are going out for dinner and to listen to some live music.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Protein coffee, plus lots of decaf

Salad with all the taco fixin's (no taco shells)

Some kind of beef at the restaurant maybe brisket

SKYR yogurt as a snack at some point during the day

Have a great day everyone

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 3/10/17 5:07 am

RNY 7 Years 11 months Post Op

Morning

Tried the Skyr yogurt, not bad. I am currently loving the oikos greek lemon. I think it's 90 calories which is higher but I have it as my nighttime snack.

My life is in a bit of turmoil so not positive like I used to be re my eats.

Hopefully, this is my menu today

B - 6 jumbo shrimp with sauce

L - 6 or more shrimp with sauce

D - Beef tenderloin

Garden salad

S - oikos greek yogurt lemon

Deli ham slices

Maybe an apple

will have 1200 or so calories when the day is done

Have a great one

crqvingchange
on 3/10/17 8:02 am

Hey Birdie. Sorry your life is in turmoil, hope it settles out soon.

Glad you liked the SKYR yogurt. I must say despite your turmoil, your menu is making me drool. Beef tenderloin and shrimp in 3 meals, yum.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 3/10/17 5:18 am - Peterborough, Canada

I've been eating Skyr vanilla Greek yogurt now that I can't find my Source Greek that I've been eating forever. I add a tiny bit sf strawberry syrup to give it some more flavour. It's got great protein numbers so I guess I'll stick to it until they decide to not stock it.

Having chicken fajitas tonight for dinner. Not sure about lunch. My bf has been off the last two days so I haven't been working much. Need to work next week for sure!!

have a great weekend!

leeann73
on 3/10/17 6:07 am

17 days post op, full fluid stage

breakfast: 1/2 cup greek yogurt

snack: 1/2 cup warm apple sauce with cinnamon

lunch: 1/2 cup potato leak soup; 1/4 cup low fat pudding

snack: V8 juice

dinner: 1/2 cup strained cream soup; 1/4 cup of warm apple sauce

very little protein, my clinic plan does not have protein shakes for the first month so I am feeling tired and not motivated to walk but may try to get in 20 mins on the treadmill

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

crqvingchange
on 3/10/17 8:15 am

Leeann I'm through Guelph, and they seem to have different guidelines than a lot of the other Centres. Try to get in all your water (decaf counts too) to give you more energy. I liked the idea of warm apple sauce with cinnamon. Wish I had known about that newly post-op.

birdiegirl
on 3/10/17 10:35 am

warm apple sauce with cinnamon, that sounds delicious on a cold day!

Will Guelph let you use protein powder in food? If so, try adding some to your yogurt and apple sauce. Your protein numbers should go up once you are allowed pureed food. Then you can try tuna/salmon and egg salad. Chili in the blender etc

skinny_gigi
on 3/10/17 11:18 am

hi everyone i'm still trying to hit the groove of putting my eats on here! nice to see some of the regulars back - hope all is well @birdiegirl

eats for today:

b-1/4 c cream of wheat made with vanilla protein shake

s-1/2 protein shake

l-cream of chicken soup (chicken broth and skyr yogurt blended)

s1/2 protein shake

d- cottage cheese with protein powder

i should hit close to 60 grams protein and around 600 cals...

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

crqvingchange
on 3/10/17 11:29 am

Hey Gigi, how are you doing? Your menu looks great. Ginny is on vacation so she should be back next week. I think Pat is on vacation too, or is soon to be on vacation.

skinny_gigi
on 3/10/17 11:35 am

I'm doing well! i'm 8 days PO and i'm FREEZING! i used to always be hot and i mean i could stand in a snow storm and sweat...but since i got home i'm freezing...everyone thinks i'm crazy!

im glad to hear everyone is fine and just on vacation i was beginning to worry...all the vets are amazing. this site wouldn't be the same!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Most Active