APPROVED!

fromfattohealthy
on 3/7/17 12:41 pm - Canada

Doctor, Dietitian and Social Worker have approved me to move forward! I am HOPING to get into surgical education class this month as I was told there are two classes in Windsor this month. How soon on average after the class are people meeting their surgeon?

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

leeann73
on 3/7/17 1:05 pm

that is awesome! I went through Windsor as well. The day or two after the surgical class, they send your file to the hospital that you choose to have the surgery with. It seems that Guelph is faster than the other hospitals, but just from what I have read here. I got a call quite quickly as you can see from my info below but that might have been as it was so early in the year. They say in the class up to 2 months.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Jo0710
on 3/7/17 4:19 pm

I had my surgery with St Mikes and went through Windsor. It was 2 months between my surgery ed and meet the surgeon.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Cinderz
on 3/7/17 7:37 pm

I also went through Windsor, my surgical education class was on September 19th, on September 23rd (my birthday) I got a call with an appointment for October 25th to meet the surgeon. My surgery was 6 weeks later :-)

Manda32
on 3/7/17 11:42 pm

First off congradulations!! Such a relief and happy feeling to finally get all the approvals done. Did the doctor say at all whether they will be recommending you for the VSG over the RNY?

My surgical class was Jan 23, I got a call the next Tuesday for an appointment of Feb 7. I have surgery March 15. Now, I don't think that's always the norm, they tell you it could be anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks to hear from the surgeon's office.

Which hospital did you pick? Guelph seems to be going rather quickly. I would set your expectations for what they tell you at the surgical class, and if its alot sooner like some of us have experienced than good for you!!!

I'm so excited for you! Good luck!!!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

fromfattohealthy
on 3/8/17 6:53 am - Canada

The doctor suggested VSG, but said to talk with the surgeon.

Because I have a lap band, they are leaning towards Toronto because that is possibly the only site that will do the removal and surgery in one operation. The Dietitian did tell me that people are meeting the surgeon and getting called for surgery within days (sometimes) - it is their understanding that Toronto is not moving slow? I kept saying "but according to the ontario forum..." LOL but she said that is not her experience at all. I am hoping the wait isn't much longer now!

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Manda32
on 3/9/17 12:13 am

It's good that the doctor is recommending the VSG, so its help you to make your case, but as you know the surgeon decides.

I know there were some issues in the late year with TWH...but I know that hospital is no longer a choice for Windsor. Can't speak to other Toronto hospitals, but if that was what the dietitan was saying then she proably has a better idea. I would just caution not to expect it that quickly, so you don't get your hopes up, but you won't know until it happens. The waiting game isn't that fun, but you will get the call.

Good luck.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active