What do you all take for iron and how much

Dundreggen
on 3/9/17 7:33 am - Canada

Oh that is so helpful! I had no idea there was a generic form.

I had lowish iron before (heavy heavy menstruation likely the cause). So if it is going to be a serious problem now I will need to stay on top of it.

Strange, I heard lots at my centre about calcium and multi vits. But they didn't really push the iron.

I shall check on the other site too!

Referral TWH: Sept 2015 Orientation: Nov 2015 Social Worker: Jan 2016 Nurse practitioner: Feb 2016 Nutrition (group): Mar 2016 Nutritionist: May 2016 Psych: May 2016 Meeting with Surgeon: July 2016 Surgery!: Nov 2016

So far 80 pounds lost!

northernga1
on 3/9/17 7:59 am - Elliot Lake, Canada
On March 9, 2017 at 3:33 PM Pacific Time, Dundreggen wrote:

Oh that is so helpful! I had no idea there was a generic form.

I had lowish iron before (heavy heavy menstruation likely the cause). So if it is going to be a serious problem now I will need to stay on top of it.

Strange, I heard lots at my centre about calcium and multi vits. But they didn't really push the iron.

I shall check on the other site too!

definently look into seeing a gynocologist you will likely have heavier and heavier periods til you end up with no iron at all. I was hemoraging after my bypass and had to see a gynocologist and had to have a procedure called uterine ablation done to stop my bleeding. It is not always successful in stopping the periods it sometimes will lessen the flow. And its only possible to have it done if you're compeltely done having children. But seeing a gynocologist to discuss your options is the best bet. Your iron will only get worse trust me ... this is my biggest pet peeve of the bariatirc centers they do not stress iron and most of the people who have bariatric surgery have heavy bleeding and iron loss to begin with and then with the re routing and where the iron is absorbed is bypassed we all end up with low iron

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Most Active