Opti and Metameucil

KristieA
on 3/7/17 10:20 am - Orillia, Canada

Hi Linda;

If you find the metamucil isn't working or the consistency/flavour is not great I use Fiberific (with blue writing on the bottle). Zero taste and doesn't congeal at all. I got mine at National Nutrition over behind Leon's. It on sale right now too. Make sure you don't get the one with the probiotics added in - it does have a cloudy result.

http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=2297

I will be thinking about you! If you are up for it we are having coffee night next Tuesday. Bring your Opti if you want.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Manda32
on 3/8/17 12:00 am

When I went to GUelph to meet the surgeon the nurse suggested Metamucil. At my surgical class in windsor they mentioned metamucil or benefibre.

I'm one week into Opti, I'm using metamucil. I just make it up with water...goes towards my fluid volume for the day, and drink it. I've only been doing metamucil once a day, and has worked out well for me thus far.

I would suggest taking something, so you don't risk the chance of severe constipation, like I've heard, but up to you.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

MC_Akeson
on 3/10/17 6:27 am - Ontario, Canada

I found the Opti to be thick enough on its own so I took the capsules. Started with 2 with each shake but after a couple days realised I was close to constipation so I took 3 instead and that was my magic number.

RNY: Jan. 31, 2017, Ottawa Civic with Dr. Amy Neville

5' 2"; HW (@ start of Optifast): 267 & 45.5% BF; SW: 247

Linda M.
on 3/10/17 6:47 am - Orillia, Canada

Thank you. I'm now on Day 3 and am actually enjoying the Opti. I have had a headache for two days, but it can also be from cutting out caffeine. I have never had a black decaf. and it's not bad - just milder.

I bought some Life Brand, no flavour, non-thickening powder at the store and put it in my morning shake. I was a bit constipated today and had forgotten until that moment. The shake was of the same consistency and tasted exactly the same.

I'm feeling great, no hunger and getting into the routine. I like the idea of 8, 12, 4 and 8 as it was more than 6 hours between lunch and dinner and then I was getting hungry. No broth yet either - 4 shakes a day seems to be enough.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. This is such a great site.

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active