Feeling ups and downs

Linda M.
on 3/6/17 7:30 am - Orillia, Canada

I hear you. I just sent a PM to two of my friends on this site to say that I am also "mourning" food. I'm right behind you and will be having my surgery on the 22nd. I will start my Opti on Wednesday and don't know whether it is a curse or a blessing that you have been on it for two weeks already. I think it will be great not to think about what I will eat, get mentally ready for using our new "tool" to its maximum potential and I am so thankful for the words of encouragement and support that we get from "strangers" on this site. My family supports me, but they do not understand the physical, mental and emotional rollercoaster we can be on.

I KNOW this is the right decision for me. I am cutting myself some slack, keep reminding myself that these are major changes and I will be feeling a whole gambit of emotions, and that it is all okay. I'm trying to keep my eye on the big picture - how good I will feel, how energetic, and less fluffy (lol). Counselling may also help, as mentioned, and you should openly communicate how you are feeling so that the medical help we have received to date continues in a way that will be most beneficial to you.

You are doing so well. Congratulations and best of luck,

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/17 1:37 pm

Best of luck to you too. We'll have to keep each other posted; our dates are so close. When I started the Optifast it was actually nice not to have to think about food for a change but there is a strange set of emotions that seem to come along with it but if you're prepared you'll be fine. I think it's either now on Optifast or later after surgery or maybe both. I hope it's a little easier after surgery if I don't feel the hunger as much but who knows I'm not sure I'm hungry after the shakes but I still crave. I think for me I have to make sure that I prepare for the hardship and not let it blindside me so I'm very grateful for all the folks who support on these forums. Take good care :)

Most Active